Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Yesterday we completed our application for a Prospective Marriage visa. After payment, we were redirected to the screen where you can upload docs. We immediately started uploading docs under the only section available "Other Documents".

But today we received an automatic email saying the application was received and inviting us to upload docs... we go back to the immiaccount and there, it is now asking us to upload plenty of docs under specific categories... In one word: we uploaded too soon!

The docs we uploaded yesterday are still there but under the "Other doc" category. And we cannot delete them before uploading them again under the right category.

What should we do? Should we upload them again anyway? It means they will be there twice. Are they going to delete the doubles or something? Please let me know your advice.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
You're not the first to make that mistake and you won't be the last. When you log into immi, you should read those notifications they list. It warns people to wait until the application status changes to received before uploading.

I would just leave it. The documents are there. No point in uploading them twice as that wastes upload space.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're not the first to make that mistake and you won't be the last. When you log into immi, you should read those notifications they list. It warns people to wait until the application status changes to received before uploading.

I would just leave it. The documents are there. No point in uploading them twice as that wastes upload space.
Thanks for your insight! I guess the case officer receives all documents anyway, regardless of the category it was uploaded in, right?

It's funny I remember reading this screen and I did not see this notification, but perhaps I was just too nervous - we were finally done with this process and it made us too anxious I guess. As you said we won't be the last to do that!

Anyone else has an opinion on this situation?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
"If the status of your application in ImmiAccount is currently 'Submitted', wait for the status to change to 'Received' before attempting to attach documents."

If the docs are uploaded, the CO will see them.
Thanks Skybluebrewer - I will stop freaking out at the visa being rejected because of this :D

Oh also I just relogged and now I can see the message in the first page. Guess I needed it in red neon lights...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I certainly understand you missing this notification in your eagerness to finish it!
I am almost done and I'm carefully checking as I believe once the details are submitted they can only be changed with a special request.
On each pass through I see something else I missed or is wrong.
I have applied for many IT jobs and have a security clearance and this Visa process is right up there for complexity :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.