Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My fiance and I are putting together PMV requirements including evidence of our relationship. I have here a list of what we have. I'm hoping you can help us by suggesting more things we should add. A little background on our relationship: We have met in 2009 in a forum. We've been together since 2010 and have met each other physically in 2012. We saw each other again for a week in 2013. He stayed for two months here in Manila in 2014. I visited and met his family and friends this year for two weeks. We got engaged during that visit. Both of us currently have stable jobs but only have few years work experience (I have 3 years, him 1 year). I'm 25, he's 23.

Here's our evidence list:

Letters and packages he mailed to me (2011 - 2013)
Facebook conversations (random screenshots from 2014 - 2015)
Skype conversations (random from 2014 - 2015)
Facebook screenshot of life events we've posted
Form 888s from our parents and friends (two on each side)
PDF compilation of our photos (four files since we travelled and have been together four times)
PDF compilation of photos of his gifts to me
PayPal statement (highlighted important ones)
Stat Dec of our history, future, etc (each)
Flight and hotel bookings (we only have one with both of our names together)
His bank statement, pay slips, and employment certificate
Notice of Intended Marriage

That's all we have at the moment. What else do you think we're missing/should add? Do we lack any financial, social, relationship proofs? We are targeting to submit at the end of this month.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi all,

My fiance and I are putting together PMV requirements including evidence of our relationship. I have here a list of what we have. I'm hoping you can help us by suggesting more things we should add. A little background on our relationship: We have met in 2009 in a forum. We've been together since 2010 and have met each other physically in 2012. We saw each other again for a week in 2013. He stayed for two months here in Manila in 2014. I visited and met his family and friends this year for two weeks. We got engaged during that visit. Both of us currently have stable jobs but only have few years work experience (I have 3 years, him 1 year). I'm 25, he's 23.

Here's our evidence list:

Letters and packages he mailed to me (2011 - 2013)
Facebook conversations (random screenshots from 2014 - 2015)
Skype conversations (random from 2014 - 2015)
Facebook screenshot of life events we've posted
Form 888s from our parents and friends (two on each side)
PDF compilation of our photos (four files since we travelled and have been together four times)
PDF compilation of photos of his gifts to me
PayPal statement (highlighted important ones)
Stat Dec of our history, future, etc (each)
Flight and hotel bookings (we only have one with both of our names together)
His bank statement, pay slips, and employment certificate
Notice of Intended Marriage

That's all we have at the moment. What else do you think we're missing/should add? Do we lack any financial, social, relationship proofs? We are targeting to submit at the end of this month.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance!
That looks fairly comprehensive list and in line with the evidence we have submitted for our PMV. A couple of other things that we included that could be worth consideration:

- copies of cards we sent each other and friends and parents have sent to us.
- copies of bank statements highlighting purchases for gifts and travel, hotels etc.
- copies of reciepts for gifts bought on-line showing the other's delivery address.
- We opened a joint bank account with NAB which has both our names and addresses as account holders.
- Receipt for engagement ring purchase

Good luck with your application:)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you @pandk213! We'll add the bank statement highlighting purchases and receipts of gifts bought online :)

Unfortunately, we don't have a joint bank account. That'd be really cool to have.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hi guys. It looks like you've got some good evidence. Items that I would suggest (if you have them) are:
- a snapshot of your facebook pages showing "mutual friends" - this goes some way in the Social category showing you are merging your social circle.
- receipts for flights to each others countries - these don't gave to show names, it can be bank statements, just highlight the dates.
- boarding passes from flights showing seat numbers ie showing you sat next to each other.

My partner and I applied for a partner visa which is a bit different, however I seem to remember reading that with a PMV visa they are looking to see that you are seriously planning a future together. If I'm remembering correctly, then your evidence lacks any form of that. Have you:
- made wills showing each other as beneficiaries?
- listed each other as Next of Kin or Emergency Contact on any official docs - ie on your private medical insurance forms or some passports have a form in
the back?
- nominated each other as a beneficiary on any pension, investment or life insurance you have?
Any of these would be good.
Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.