Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a form here NOTICE OF INTENDED MARRIAGE (Form 13 - Marriage Act 1961) to include with our application to cover "Evidence that you intend to marry..."

We both sign and date it to be witnessed both by a notary public, but where the authorized celebrant fills in info it looks like it is for a completed marriage; "Place marriage solemnized:". etc. Is the prospective dates sufficient?

Any info, ideas on this one?

Thanks!
T&E

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Have a form here NOTICE OF INTENDED MARRIAGE (Form 13 - Marriage Act 1961) to include with our application to cover "Evidence that you intend to marry..."

We both sign and date it to be witnessed both by a notary public, but where the authorized celebrant fills in info it looks like it is for a completed marriage; "Place marriage solemnized:". etc. Is the prospective dates sufficient?

Any info, ideas on this one?

Thanks!
T&E
The NOIM is supposed to be forwarded to a minister or celebrant and they will put the date in when the event has occurred and then they have the responsibility of forwarding it to the registrar.
You need to get in touch with whomever you think you may want to do the ceremony and arrange a tentative date and send them the NOIM and the Checklist suggests you have a letter from them confirming the booking.
Are you both over in Canada?
Might be easier and cheaper to get married there and apply for the spouse visa.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I am in Canada and she is in AUS. We are getting this NOIM to include in the application for PM Visa.

I have filled it out and am signing it with a notary witness, snail mailing it to her, and then she is taking it to an authorized celebrant to fill out and sign; but we only have an intended marriage date, not confirmation of a marriage. We are to do that in Aus after I enter with the PM Visa. See my confusion?

On an additional note we have chosen a date of July 16th, 2011 as our proposed marriage date - given time for the Visa to be approved (4-8 months...) and inside of the 9 month deadline.

Thanks for help, further thoughts?
T&E

The NOIM is supposed to be forwarded to a minister or celebrant and they will put the date in when the event has occurred and then they have the responsibility of forwarding it to the registrar.
You need to get in touch with whomever you think you may want to do the ceremony and arrange a tentative date and send them the NOIM and the Checklist suggests you have a letter from them confirming the booking.
Are you both over in Canada?
Might be easier and cheaper to get married there and apply for the spouse visa.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
No, I am in Canada and she is in AUS. We are getting this NOIM to include in the application for PM Visa.

I have filled it out and am signing it with a notary witness, snail mailing it to her, and then she is taking it to an authorized celebrant to fill out and sign; but we only have an intended marriage date, not confirmation of a marriage. We are to do that in Aus after I enter with the PM Visa. See my confusion?

On an additional note we have chosen a date of July 16th, 2011 as our proposed marriage date - given time for the Visa to be approved (4-8 months...) and inside of the 9 month deadline.

Thanks for help, further thoughts?
T&E
You can use a copy of the NOIM if you like with your application and when Emma takes it to a celibrant, they'll want to keep it and give her a letter nominating intended date and yep because it is so far in advance, you can always arrange something different as long as you do not leave it too late.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.