Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I recently lodged my PMV Subclass 300 Application via Immiaccount, July 18. My fiance is currently a Permanent Resident. His former agent emailed him that he is now eligible to apply for a citizenship.

My question is: since we have an ongoing PMV application, would applying for his citizenship affect our PMV?

I have no idea how long a citizenship is being processed. But if in case he gets approved while the PMV is still on process, would we have to change everything in the forms I filled out in the PMV application that states permanent resident? or would you suggest that he process his citizenship after the PMV has been granted?

·
Registered
396 Posts
Given the backlog for citizenship applications, I would suspect your PMV would be approved before he finishes his citizenship process so it won't have any bearing on your application.

However, given the backlog for citizenship applications, the sooner he applies the better.

Also protects against any changes to citizenship eligibility, although I would say the current government would have even less chance of getting any changes through than before after the festivities of the last few weeks - but don't rule out a last gasp effect from Dopey Dutton and his buddies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Given the backlog for citizenship applications, I would suspect your PMV would be approved before he finishes his citizenship process so it won't have any bearing on your application.

However, given the backlog for citizenship applications, the sooner he applies the better.

Also protects against any changes to citizenship eligibility, although I would say the current government would have even less chance of getting any changes through than before after the festivities of the last few weeks - but don't rule out a last gasp effect from Dopey Dutton and his buddies.
Thanks so much for your advice. My fiance has decided to apply for his citizenship. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.