Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Simply 
#1 ·
Hello! Just introducing myself and hoping to find some other PMV people from the USA in the process of moving to Australia!

I did my medicals & police check (live scan) BEFORE sending my application in on June 25, 2015!

The panel office said everything was good on my medicals. Currently my application is under "Application Received" status and my fiance's sponsor application is under "Submitted".

Hoping this process will go quicker than the 9-12 months they stated in the e-mail :(

#2 ·
Hey Congrats on starting a PMV

Me and my fiancee have been doing this as well from USA to AUS and we should be approved this month.

The process seems to be 5 to 6 months from the recent posts so you will be fine :) get excited and start planing Congrats on the start of the PMV.

#3 ·
Hello! Just introducing myself and hoping to find some other PMV people from the USA in the process of moving to Australia!

I did my medicals & police check (live scan) BEFORE sending my application in on June 25, 2015!

The panel office said everything was good on my medicals. Currently my application is under "Application Received" status and my fiance's sponsor application is under "Submitted".

Hoping this process will go quicker than the 9-12 months they stated in the e-mail :(
Hellooo! We're on the same boat! From USA as well and applied 17th of June for PMV! :D
I just did my state check last week and already got it back yesterday! Still haven't gotten my FBI check back though but I've read it's taking up to 4 months now!

Anyway, it's nice to meet you and best of luck :)

#4 ·

Hi we are also in the same boat too :) good to meet other people on the same timeline.

My fiancee just submitted application through DC on 22 June 2015. Just getting medicals and police checks arranged now and we plan to get them finalised and uploaded by end Aug.

Keeping our fingers crossed that they keep processing the grants in the 5-6 month turn around that they seem to be meeting currently.

Good luck with your application, keep in touch and let us know how you go.

#6 ·
Hi, this process will stretch your patience like a rubber band, I guess the idea is not to let it snap back and sting you. I've been waiting nearly one year for an answer on 309 from DC office. I find it best to just stop expecting an answer, and then when I least expect it it will arrive. The not knowing is ghastly to put it politely. But as they say "patience is a virtue".
Best of luck with your visa journey.

#7 ·

They always give you a standard reply as to the waiting period. Coming from a low risk country I don't think you have to wait that long. Best of luck.:)

#8 ·
Has anyone had two weddings? Im waiting for my PMV but our first wedding (for some Aussie family - not our big wedding) is in April 2016. Our second and formal/big wedding is October 2016. Once I apply for my bridging visa in April... would I be granted the visa that enables me to fly to the USA for my main wedding?

#9 ·
Hi, I am from a WHV to 820. USA (cali) to AUS. need any help PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.