Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My fiancé and I are in a very difficult position. I was initially on student visa and have stayed in Australia for 4 years. We've been together for just 6 months.

I decided to go back to my country (high risk country) and apply for fiancé visa. He's in the navy and I'm currently unemployed so we're planning to apply for the visa ourselves because the visa itself along with the additional costs is already too much for us to save up sadly. Since he's in the navy, he can't do much looking for the information and I know no one who has applied for PMV.

We really really need help with what we need as evidence and whatever we have to do for the visa. He's going to be deployed by the end of next year and I'm stressing about how to and what to get ready. And who needs to apply the visa? Me or him? Thanks guys. 🙂

·
Registered
5 Posts
Partner Visa experience

My Partner applied for his visa from offshore and the application was done by him but I had to fill out certain forms and provide information such as police checks. If you make an ImmiAccount you will see all the forms you need to provide and the types of evidence to prove the relationship.

Going through this process myself prompted me to study migration law and register as a Migration Agent. This particular visa is very costly so I understand not wanting to pay anyone for assistance. We did not pay anyone. Only issue that concerns me from reading your post was if you stayed in Australia after the student visa expired which is not clear as there may be some sort of ban you would need to address. For this reason would suggest it may be work looking into professional help.

Jasmine Sallis
MARN: 1800400

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.