Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, i have been reading all night and talking with my partner about the PMV. We think it's a really good idea based on what we've been told
To the people who dont know me my name is Chase, im 20. and from WA.

I have a few questions to ask if you can please give info and help.

1. My partner is in thailand will that affect her ( seen posts about high risk countries)

2. I dont understand what the NOIM and celebrant is. so do we fill out the form and get a wedding date? do we have to be together at the time

3. Would it affect us if we want to stay at one of our parents houses (rent free)

4. will they judge us on financial income, i currently work casual.

5. How much evidence would they want, we talk everyday on messenger\video call and have over 2000 photos.

6. Will we have to do an interview? if so what questions will be asked

bit of info: we lived together for 10 months, sent each other money to help with bills numerous times, we opened a shared account but haven't used it much, also she is back in thailand now, met each others family many times. travelled twice together.

I know these questions sound stupid but it helps alot :)
Thank you for your time and patience we love each other very much and just want to be together.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
1. My girlfriend is in thailand will that affect her ( seen posts about high risk countries)

* Not more than any other high risk country- possibly less a small amount.

2. I dont understand what the NOIM and celebrant is. so do we fill out the form and get a wedding date? do we have to be together at the time

* It is a document that is required, just get one that only needs one person here for now.

3. Would it affect us if we want to stay at one of our parents houses (rent free)

* No problem but document things well.

* No

5. How much evidence would they want, we talk everyday on messenger\video call and have over 2000 photos.

* I talk to my kids everyday and take photos - You need to prove relationship evidence - and I will not look at 2,000 photos and video is not allowed.

* maybe or not. My partner was asked why I recently left Australia - while asking for some scans of docs that I sent in B&W. While dates were way out. I went with 1 child of mine for my Dad's funeral - she gave that info.

bit of info: we lived together for 10 months, sent each other money to help with bills numerous times, we opened a shared account but haven't used it much, also she is back in thailand now, met each others family many times. travelled twice together.

* Never stupid questions.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. My girlfriend is in thailand will that affect her ( seen posts about high risk countries)

* Not more than any other high risk country- possibly less a small amount.

* It is a document that is required, just get one that only needs one person here for now.

* No problem but document things well.

* No

* I talk to my kids everyday and take photos - You need to prove relationship evidence - and I will not look at 2,000 photos and video is not allowed.

* maybe or not. My partner was asked why I recently left Australia - while asking for some scans of docs that I sent in B&W. While dates were way out. I went with 1 child of mine for my Dad's funeral - she gave that info.

* Never stupid questions.
Thanks! your the best! what is your opinion on good relationship evidence, would spending time with her family, holiday trips be ok, we also talk about uni studies\tafe course together too

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
My PMV then wife left me 2 years to the day - then claimed DV to stay.

So maybe I am not the best to ask relationship evidence stuff.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hey everyone, i have been reading all night and talking with my gf about the PMV. We think it's a really good idea based on what we've been told
To the people who dont know me my name is Chase, im 20. and from WA.

I have a few questions to ask if you can please give info and help.

High risk countries just means your application will get looked at a little more closely. But people successfully sponspor partners from there all the time, if you have enough evidence (and it sounds like you've made a solid start) you'll be fine
Here's the link to the NOIM Only one person needs to sign the NOIM but you will need to set a date for the wedding - say 9-12 months in future to allow time for visa processing - and find a celebrant to sign it - you may have to pay a deposit to the celebrant for them to sign
No but try and get a lot of mail to the address and if you can set up a joint account for you both to pay a small sum of board/contribute to bills, it will probably help for documenting purposes.
your parents can write a statement too
no they won't
you have to show evidence from four categories -
household, financial, social, and nature of commitment. messages and photos are good especially if the photos include other people but also think about things like flight tickets, any joint activities (such as movie tickets) statements from family/friends from both
sides, money transfers (if you have them) shared bank accounts etc
maybe, i'm not sure what they'll ask but there's a big thread on here about interview questions

Thank you for your time and patience we love each other very much and just want to be together.
AMPK gave good advice, I added my input above. You can get married in Aus or Thailand but it must be after you're granted the visa (and within 9 months of the visa grant date). Your partner needs to be outside Australia when you submit the PMV application.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can work that out.
AMPK gave good advice, I added my input above. You can get married in Aus or Thailand but it must be after you're granted the visa (and within 9 months of the visa grant date). Your partner needs to be outside Australia when you submit the PMV application.
Thanks so much, i'm so glad i joined this forum everyone has been amazing.
it's funny you say i have made a solid start but i haven't even started yet, we need to start organising all our evidence properly now.

i dont even know where to start.

as you can probably tell by now i suck at writing sentences, would it be good to get a professional to help us write everything?

and how many pages does everyone get in for the whole application??
also if you have any tips please let me know

we are scared and don't want to get rejected as its expensive & some may think we are still young but we want to do this now so we have no problems in the future by leaving it so late.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Thanks so much, i'm so glad i joined this forum everyone has been amazing.
it's funny you say i have made a solid start but i haven't even started yet, we need to start organising all our evidence properly now.

i dont even know where to start.

as you can probably tell by now i suck at writing sentences, would it be good to get a professional to help us write everything?

and how many pages does everyone get in for the whole application??
also if you have any tips please let me know

we are scared and don't want to get rejected as its expensive & some may think we are still young but we want to do this now so we have no problems in the future by leaving it so late.
Most of the application is identity information about you/your partner and your families. Then some dates about when the relationship started, when you got engaged/entered a committed relationship etc, There are four questions about your relationship, but you don't need to write an essay actually they don't want more that 500 or so words (there's a word limit cap on the online form, but I've forgotton what it is). From memory there four questions are 'describe the nature of the household, describe the financial aspects of the relationship, describe the social aspects of the relationship, detail the history of the relationship' or something like that. It's probably more authentic if you put it in your own words. Your partner will need to write the answers to those questions, and you will too on the sponsorship form). You can see the partner visa application form by yourself by creating an 'immi account' on DIBP website and starting a 'partner visa application'. You can go through the whole form, nothing happens until you press submit, and pay. The real work is getting together all the documents, including the identity documents, all the proof of your relationship (the evidence I mentioned above), and the minimum two statements from Australian citizens/permanent residents testifying to the relationship (google form 888). You can pay a migration agent to help you but that will cost another $2000-4000 on top of the application fee. Alternatively I think you can just get them to review everything at the end (before you submit) for a smaller fee, but not sure how much.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most of the application is identity information about you/your partner and your families. Then some dates about when the relationship started, when you got engaged/entered a committed relationship etc, There are four questions about your relationship, but you don't need to write an essay actually they don't want more that 500 or so words (there's a word limit cap on the online form, but I've forgotton what it is). From memory there four questions are 'describe the nature of the household, describe the financial aspects of the relationship, describe the social aspects of the relationship, detail the history of the relationship' or something like that. It's probably more authentic if you put it in your own words. Your partner will need to write the answers to those questions, and you will too on the sponsorship form). You can see the partner visa application form by yourself by creating an 'immi account' on DIBP website and starting a 'partner visa application'. You can go through the whole form, nothing happens until you press submit, and pay. The real work is getting together all the documents, including the identity documents, all the proof of your relationship (the evidence I mentioned above), and the minimum two statements from Australian citizens/permanent residents testifying to the relationship (google form 888). You can pay a migration agent to help you but that will cost another $2000-4000 on top of the application fee. Alternatively I think you can just get them to review everything at the end (before you submit) for a smaller fee, but not sure how much.
Ok that was jawdropping dont think i could do that much haha, but yeah definitely will look at them to review it.
Was just talking to my mum and she reckons that the evidence will be fine as we have heeps of photos inc. Dinners, Family outings, hoidays & Trips.

but you mentioned Financial aspects, i only work casual at woolworths (currently looking for a real job as im sick of it lol dont judge)
i earn sometimes 400-900$ a week depending how many shifts.
im scared this will be a problem.
also we will be staying at my mums house since its pretty big and rent free (pay small bill) but the plan is once we are both in australia we want to work together and find a place to rent.
I dont want them to think i cant support her because i can...
overthinking this but i just want to get this done when i can.
i love the way your explaining this it's great <3

·
Registered
67 Posts
but you mentioned Financial aspects, i only work casual at woolworths (currently looking for a real job as im sick of it lol dont judge)
it's only going to be a problem if you can't pay the $7k + for the PMV

·
Registered
345 Posts
it's only going to be a problem if you can't pay the $7k + for the PMV
Exactly. The DIBP are not concerned with how much money you have, they are interested in the genuineness of the relationship.

I traveled the world for 2 years and did not work - and am sponsoring my fiancé for the PMV 300

·
Registered
332 Posts
I was on a single parenting payment and working casually and sponsor my husband, money isn't an issue. Yous have got this :) I was also extremely overwhelmed at the beginning but once you sit down and read what evidence is required etc it isn't that complicated.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Thanks! your the best! what is your opinion on good relationship evidence, would spending time with her family, holiday trips be ok, we also talk about uni studies\tafe course together too
Be very very careful about student visas - often ends in tears.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Be very very careful about student visas - often ends in tears.
Hey this is going to sound ridiculous i was just reading the partner migration booklet and got a bit confused,

it says you need to apply offshore, and be offshore when its granted.

i'm the sponsor and my girlfriend is in thailand, does that mean she has to fill out the forms and apply?

or do we use 'immi account' together and she hits submit herself?

and 'You must pay the Visa Application Charge' Can she use my card or do i have to transfer the money.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Many try use a Student Visa to be together or do an onshore application, but the Student Visa conditions must be meet until it expires, this can be years. International fees and work restrictions apply and even early exit fees can apply. All this can be very expensive and some even opt for a Bridging Visa E - not the best visa to have.

So unless you know exactly what happens with this visa, don't use it as a path to a Partner Visa.

If you do a offshore application 309 or PMV you must apply offshore and also be offshore at time of decision.

If you do a onshore 820 you must apply onshore and be onshore at time of grant (from memory).

I filled out both of our applications sponsor and applicant and hit submit. (I was sponsor)

They just want $7,000 so any card.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Many try use a Student Visa to be together or do an onshore application, but the Student Visa conditions must be meet until it expires, this can be years. International fees and work restrictions apply and even early exit fees can apply. All this can be very expensive and some even opt for a Bridging Visa E - not the best visa to have.

So unless you know exactly what happens with this visa, don't use it as a path to a Partner Visa.

If you do a offshore application 309 or PMV you must apply offshore and also be offshore at time of decision.

If you do a onshore 820 you must apply onshore and be onshore at time of grant (from memory).

I filled out both of our applications sponsor and applicant and hit submit. (I was sponsor)

They just want $7,000 so any card.
I filled out both of our applications sponsor and applicant and hit submit. (I was sponsor) < Ok so if i do the offshore application can i submit the application from Australia for my partner?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I filled out both of our applications sponsor and applicant and hit submit. (I was sponsor) < Ok so if i do the offshore application can i submit the application from Australia for my partner?
Yes, i did.

Reactions: ampk
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.