Australia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Folks,

I want to start this thread for PMV lodge in 2019 and waiting time too.

Background:

Applicant, Singapore based but originally from Philippines. Met partner (Australian) thru work 2 and half years of relationship, registered relationship and opened bank account both in 2017. Met in person 4 times with approx 1 month duration on each holidays. Engaged Dec 2018.

TIMELINE - No Agent used to apply

January 4, 2019: Lodge application online

January 8, 2019: CO contacted me thru email asking to do health and police check and supply statement for wedding plans and sponsorship obligation statement.

January 11, 2019: Bio metrics done

January 14, 2019: Singapore police check and other document upload completed

January 15, 2019: Health check done

January 16, 2019: click confirm button on IMMI of sponsor but then confirm button on my IMMI as applicant went disable too.
Emailed CO to inform i have submitted all that she requested.

Now Waiting time Begins...Be Positive and Patient :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
We applied 26th (I think) of November 2018 through an agent.

Partner lives in Sudan, I am here in Aus.

PMV completely frontloaded.

Request 3 weeks ago for interview this Saturday the 23rd.

Partner will meet CO for interview in a hotel in Sudan.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
We applied 26th (I think) of November 2018 through an agent.

Partner lives in Sudan, I am here in Aus.

PMV completely frontloaded.

Request 3 weeks ago for interview this Saturday the 23rd.

Partner will meet CO for interview in a hotel in Sudan.
-wow congrats hopefully you'll get grant soon they can really invite for face to face interview.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello everyone,

I've just joined the forum. My fiance and I have also applied for the PMV this year. We submitted the application on January 18th. Still having heard from a CO but I went ahead and got my medical done on the 28th of February. Applied through Ottawa from Barbados (me) and my fiance has already submitted his sponsorship application as well in January after I submitted mine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hello everyone,

I've just joined the forum. My fiance and I have also applied for the PMV this year. We submitted the application on January 18th. Still having heard from a CO but I went ahead and got my medical done on the 28th of February. Applied through Ottawa from Barbados (me) and my fiance has already submitted his sponsorship application as well in January after I submitted mine.
I am going on my 3rd month now... patiently waiting :)

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Hello everyone,

If you have submitted everything they need, you may never hear from an Immigration Officer, until the day you get the decision.

Some people, who don't submit everything initially, and need to be asked, may get requests from more than one person, during their "often longer" wait.

Our PMV process was longer for two reasons, one being 'not attaching everything required', and the other 'having to leave Australia to get it granted'. During that time we had contact from two Immigration Officers.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If you have submitted everything they need, you may never hear from an Immigration Officer, until the day you get the decision.

Some people, who don't submit everything initially, and need to be asked, may get requests from more than one person, during their "often longer" wait.

Our PMV process was longer for two reasons, one being 'not attaching everything required', and the other 'having to leave Australia to get it granted'. During that time we had contact from two Immigration Officers.
Ohh. Thank you for your reply JandE. I feel a bit better after what you said, we submitted everything upfront and plan on updating it when any major new thing happens with us or like every 2-3 months or so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, successfull interview we believe. Senior Immigration Officer asked about partners current finances/ employment, previous travel & how/ when we met. Officer asked about my finances/ employment & education & where I live (Aus).

Next day request was sent from Cairo to our immigration lawyer for a new medical as previous one expired, new police clearance for my fiance from Malaysia as previous one expired and a police clearance from Qatar.

Note, my fiance lived in Qatar more than 10 years ago, and techincally as far as i am aware you only need to provide police clearances from within the past ten years however because he was born and raised there (on Sudanese passport) he is required to submit a Qatari clearance. This is something to consider if you or your partners have lived long term o/s prior to 2009.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hi, successfull interview we believe. Senior Immigration Officer asked about partners current finances/ employment, previous travel & how/ when we met. Officer asked about my finances/ employment & education & where I live (Aus).

Next day request was sent from Cairo to our immigration lawyer for a new medical as previous one expired, new police clearance for my fiance from Malaysia as previous one expired and a police clearance from Qatar.

Note, my fiance lived in Qatar more than 10 years ago, and techincally as far as i am aware you only need to provide police clearances from within the past ten years however because he was born and raised there (on Sudanese passport) he is required to submit a Qatari clearance. This is something to consider if you or your partners have lived long term o/s prior to 2009.
Hello CelinaBelle, happy for you guys. Guess you two will be hearing some good news soon.

1 - 20 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.