Australia Forum banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
[what is the status on the immi account,

QUOTE=hoda.;1969227]We applied through an agent on 24 June 2019.

My partner from Iraq am Australian citizen
completed everything upfront
since then we uploading communication every month[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Los Angeles to Sydney

Hi all!

I think this is the right place. I have been lurking for a while but wanted to share our timeline with you. Thank you for sharing your stories and timelines. It is wonderful to have a place where people understand what you are going through while your significant other lives in another hemisphere.

We filed with our agent on November 11, 2019 - front loaded application with health and police checks completed as well.

We received notice on February 14, 2020 that we needed to submit my California police check. So we have resubmitted it and waiting for further feedback.

Just wanted to share and will keep you posted on our timeline. November 11 and February 14 are both holidays here in the US. I am wondering if the luck of a future holiday will bring us the golden email!

Kindly,

Jessica

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello!

I'm from the Philippines and my partner is an Australian citizen.

PMV lodged: 11 July 2019

We have not received any communication from CO yet but I am planning to take my medical exam and police clearance in March 2020.

Original processing time when we lodged was 9-15 months, now it has changed to 17-23 months.

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I suggest that you just wait for COs request to do your medical.

Hello!

I'm from the Philippines and my partner is an Australian citizen.

PMV lodged: 11 July 2019

We have not received any communication from CO yet but I am planning to take my medical exam and police clearance in March 2020.

Original processing time when we lodged was 9-15 months, now it has changed to 17-23 months.

Good luck everyone!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Contacted for? Doing the medical? I don't think the CO contacted them. It's in your Immiaccount. Check your Health Assessment in your Immiaccount. If it's says "action required" - it only means that you have to organise your health examination.

And its up to you if you want to do it early or just wait for the CO's email about "s56 request for additional information".

I took my health examination 2 months after I lodged but they asked me to redo again it after 19.5 months. Medical is only valid for 12 months. But still up to the CO if they'll ask you to redo it or not because some were not asked to do it anymore even if its already expired.

I suggest that you just wait for COs request to do your medical.
I find it weird that there are some applicants from the Philippines who lodged later than us, but got contacted by a CO already 1 week after they lodged. Do you have an idea why it is so?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Contacted for? Doing the medical? I don't think the CO contacted them. It's in your Immiaccount. Check your Health Assessment in your Immiaccount. If it's says "action required" - it only means that you have to organise your health examination.

And its up to you if you want to do it early or just wait for the CO's email about "s56 request for additional information".

I took my health examination 2 months after I lodged but they asked me to redo again it after 19.5 months. Medical is only valid for 12 months. But still up to the CO if they'll ask you to redo it or not because some were not asked to do it anymore even if its already expired.
Hi,

Was your first contact after applying for PMV after 19.5 months?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

PMV granted on the 19/2/2020, applied on the 30/6/2019, so it took 8 months, from France, no immigration agent.

We uploaded new evidences every three months, me and my partner do not have a joint bank account and have never been living together officialy. But we showed proofs of travels, hotel reservations, money transfers etc.

Thanks to the community for all the precious information, I'll still need it for the next steps. Good luck to everyone, it's a hard process to get through, we've been lucky!

xx

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi there,

PMV granted on the 19/2/2020, applied on the 30/6/2019, so it took 8 months, from France, no immigration agent.

We uploaded new evidences every three months, me and my partner do not have a joint bank account and have never been living together officialy. But we showed proofs of travels, hotel reservations, money transfers etc.

Thanks to the community for all the precious information, I'll still need it for the next steps. Good luck to everyone, it's a hard process to get through, we've been lucky!

xx
Congratulations to you and your partner.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi there,

xx
Congrats 🙂

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yes. After 19.5 months, I received their s56.

Hi,

Was your first contact after applying for PMV after 19.5 months?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't see any recent pmv grants . I think they are not processing them since they are not allowed in the country at the moment .
Thanks for the quick reply. It's so hard this days...
I notice 309 is still getting processed, which makes me want to just marry my fiance. But with the current situation, we cannot even meet and get married anymore. It's so hard.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Hello, my partner is living in Australia, and we submitted the application in 2018. In 2019, I received a job opportunity to work in Europe. I am currently living in Europe. Do I need to inform /change something in my application? What? Where exactly? Has someone been in my situation? Can you please help ?🙁

161 - 180 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.