Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my partner and I are planning to tie the knot but we thought we should wait a bit before applying for a pmv. but does anyone know how long the process time is for it to get approved and the chances of it being rejected?
I know a lot of people who's visa application was rejected (holiday visa) and I don't really know how tough the pmv will be but I cant afford to be rejected.
I heard that its less of a waiting period if you come from a low risk country. im from Indonesia what's the waiting period like for us? can anyone help please!!! :confused:

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
9 to 12 months is a common time for the PMV. But I did read that the Low risk countries may be as low as 5 months.

Low risk applies to nationals from countries which issue ETA eligible passports.
https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/601-#

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
that's what I thought as well thankyou.
do you know the chances of the visa being rejected?
At a guess: If it's a genuine application, properly prepared, it should be ok. If it is not, or they have suspicions, then rejection becomes a possibility.

·
Registered
83 Posts
my partner and I are planning to tie the knot but we thought we should wait a bit before applying for a pmv. but does anyone know how long the process time is for it to get approved and the chances of it being rejected?
I know a lot of people who's visa application was rejected (holiday visa) and I don't really know how tough the pmv will be but I cant afford to be rejected.
I heard that its less of a waiting period if you come from a low risk country. im from Indonesia what's the waiting period like for us? can anyone help please!!! :confused:
My fiance is from Indonesia and we are currently 6 months into our PMV wait..... We have been told ours is a completed application with no additional evidence required so we are hoping to find out within the next few months! Fingers crossed....This wait is horrible!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.