Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I've noticed its been a little quiet in the Ottawa Embassy and haven't heard of anyone's action on anyone the PMV on this site.

I've been waiting 5 months, 2 weeks and 2 days but who's counting? lol

If anyone on this site has heard anything from the Ottawa Embassy I would love to hear your timelines! Especially if it's from a high risk country like my fiancée :(

Has anyone ever heard someone's visa take the full 15 months to process in the Ottawa embassy?

I'm going through a migration agent and he hasn't supported a PMV from Ottawa in a long time so he couldn't tell me.

I've been up to date every month sending updated info/evidence to my migration agent for him to upload (whatsapp messages, call logs, money transfer receipts and parcel receipts etc)

I'm going over to visit my fiancé in November for 2 months and the PMV will be 10 months processing by the time I leave his country!

I really hope we hear something by then by my gut tells me I'm going to have to wait the whole 15 months.

Sorry for blabbing on but I'd love to hear from other people's timeline processed at the Ottawa Embassy especially submitted 2015 onwards!

My timeline is;

Applied online 19 March 2016 (police check submitted same time)
Medicals completed 22 March 2016
Now anxiously waiting....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyones visa being processed by the Ottawa office in Canada???
Hi Chookie,

our story so far -
We applied offshore without an agent
Applicant - Canadian
Sponsor - Australian
Applied 16 march 2015
Medicals July 2015
Police check expired March 2016
Took 5 months for Canadian RCMP to process
Submitted new police check 29 July 2016

Have been waiting 18 months now, and all they tell us when we call is to be patient and that this is how long most of the visas are taking.

Hope we get it soon!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Chookie,

our story so far -
We applied offshore without an agent
Applicant - Canadian
Sponsor - Australian
Applied 16 march 2015
Medicals July 2015
Police check expired March 2016
Took 5 months for Canadian RCMP to process
Submitted new police check 29 July 2016

Have been waiting 18 months now, and all they tell us when we call is to be patient and that this is how long most of the visas are taking.

Hope we get it soon!
Wait.... WHATTTT???? You have waited 18 months???? On their website it says approx 12-15 month wait! I'm expecting the worst of 15 months as my man is from a high risk country but your partner lives in Canada so there is no reason for you to be waiting that long?!
Omg what are they doing in that office?
That's really put a downer on me lol

Good luck and thanks for replying!!! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wait.... WHATTTT???? You have waited 18 months???? On their website it says approx 12-15 month wait! I'm expecting the worst of 15 months as my man is from a high risk country but your partner lives in Canada so there is no reason for you to be waiting that long?!
Omg what are they doing in that office?
That's really put a downer on me lol

Good luck and thanks for replying!!! :)
When we applied the approx processing time was 9-12 months so you can imagine we are getting a little impatient at 18 months.
Hopefully you having a migration agent works better for you!
Am interested if there is anyone else in the same position as us regarding waiting time. I saw on another forum there was a Canadian who applied onshore and she is at the 18th month mark too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When we applied the approx processing time was 9-12 months so you can imagine we are getting a little impatient at 18 months.
Hopefully you having a migration agent works better for you!
Am interested if there is anyone else in the same position as us regarding waiting time. I saw on another forum there was a Canadian who applied onshore and she is at the 18th month mark too.
So you applied offshore right? Is you or your partner waiting it out in Australia?

We applied for a tourist vísa after we submitted our PMV and it got rejected so if we have to wait this long really scares me!!!!! :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
We applied for my PMV today through a migration agent. I'm German and was really hoping they would send my application to Berlin (waiting time 10-14 months) but because I'm living in Canada, they'll probably process it in Ottawa. Finger's crossed it won't take longer than 12-13 months. Our wedding is next year in November and I really don't want to change the date with people coming from all over the world...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We applied for my PMV today through a migration agent. I'm German and was really hoping they would send my application to Berlin (waiting time 10-14 months) but because I'm living in Canada, they'll probably process it in Ottawa. Finger's crossed it won't take longer than 12-13 months. Our wedding is next year in November and I really don't want to change the date with people coming from all over the world...
I really do hope we start hearing of responses from that office soon! It's been super quiet from Ottawa I haven't heard of anyone getting anything from there!! :(
My wedding was meant to be in February 2017 but clearly I need to submit another NOIM again!

Good luck tweety!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I really do hope we start hearing of responses from that office soon! It's been super quiet from Ottawa I haven't heard of anyone getting anything from there!! :(
My wedding was meant to be in February 2017 but clearly I need to submit another NOIM again!

Good luck tweety!
Same to you. This is already frustrating. I went through a process like that before: Common-law sponsorship to immigrate to Canada. I can't believe I'm going through a visa process again...

·
Registered
7 Posts
PMV granted last week

Hi Chookie,

We got our PMV approval last week and can't believe it. Just over 5.5 months with no interview for a Cuban national.

I have just written a seperate post on what I has advised from the processing centre back in August, as there is a current 'push' to clear out the backlog.

Visa submitted: 14th May 2015
Police check submitted: 14th May 2016
Medical submitted: 3rd August 2016
PMV granted: 20th October 20016

Hope this gives you some hope.

Regards, Belinda

Hi all,

I've noticed its been a little quiet in the Ottawa Embassy and haven't heard of anyone's action on anyone the PMV on this site.

I've been waiting 5 months, 2 weeks and 2 days but who's counting? lol

If anyone on this site has heard anything from the Ottawa Embassy I would love to hear your timelines! Especially if it's from a high risk country like my fiancée :(

Has anyone ever heard someone's visa take the full 15 months to process in the Ottawa embassy?

I'm going through a migration agent and he hasn't supported a PMV from Ottawa in a long time so he couldn't tell me.

I've been up to date every month sending updated info/evidence to my migration agent for him to upload (whatsapp messages, call logs, money transfer receipts and parcel receipts etc)

I'm going over to visit my fiancé in November for 2 months and the PMV will be 10 months processing by the time I leave his country!

I really hope we hear something by then by my gut tells me I'm going to have to wait the whole 15 months.

Sorry for blabbing on but I'd love to hear from other people's timeline processed at the Ottawa Embassy especially submitted 2015 onwards!

My timeline is;

Applied online 19 March 2016 (police check submitted same time)
Medicals completed 22 March 2016
Now anxiously waiting....

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Chookie,

We got our PMV approval last week and can't believe it. Just over 5.5 months with no interview for a Cuban national.

I have just written a seperate post on what I has advised from the processing centre back in August, as there is a current 'push' to clear out the backlog.

Regards, Belinda
OMG!!!! No way!!!!!!! You submitted your application 2 months after I did!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm in shock!!!

I don't know how I should be feeling now!! He got interviewed 2 weeks ago and it's now 7 months since we applied!!!!

Oh man I'm soooo scared!!!! I hope it doesn't get refused!!!!! I'll absolutely die!!!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi Chookie,

Regards, Belinda
Congrats!!!!! That is awesome. Did they ask your for medical or did you just submit it? I'm going through a migration agent so I can't access my ImmiAccount

·
Registered
7 Posts
My biggest recommendation is to have EVERYTHING submitted and continue to update your file every 3 or so months to show you are still together. Do not sit back and wait to be asked for a police check or medical.

As per my separate post, I was advised by Ottawa directly that there was a 'push' to clear out backlogs and to make sure our file was complete. I interpreted this as there was potentially an 'express' queue if all documents ticked the boxes. It was just my gut feeling.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I went through an agent and they told me to wait. I have no access to my ImmiAccount to get the HAP ID or whatever that's called :-( Anyway, I decided to apply for my German police certificate next week which also has to be translated and my appointment for my Canadian police clearance is on November 28. I have to contact my agent again so they can give me the documents I need for the medical

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'd get onto your HAP ID and letter ASAP. It's really simple, your agent logs on and clicks a button and the system auto generates a letter which has the ID. He needs to give you this copy. Tell your agent they are looking at PMV applications around the 5/6 month mark in the queue. Ours was approved at 5.5 months.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I just sent them another email. Hopefully they get back to me soon. We paid a lot of money and I hate not to be in control of things like that

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.