Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been made aware that on the DIAC website it says high risk countries waiting time is 12 months- Before I applied i read it would take between 6-9 months and when we applied two months ago in Indoensia it said the waiting time is currently 7 motnhs... does anyone knpw why they are talking about 12 months on the website now?! has there been a big in something? this is a bit much considering we were upset with a 7 month wait, but 12 months... omg :'(

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
The 12 months on the DIAC is the maximum possible time it might take, since if you're from a high risk country you would probably need a form 80, which is checked by ASIO (Australian Secret Intelligence). They take a very long time to check the security risk of the applicant.

But, if Indonesia says it takes 7 months, I would go by this as this is more relevant to the office you lodged in. So, hope for 7, but be prepared for longer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 12 months on the DIAC is the maximum possible time it might take, since if you're from a high risk country you would probably need a form 80, which is checked by ASIO (Australian Secret Intelligence). They take a very long time to check the security risk of the applicant.

But, if Indonesia says it takes 7 months, I would go by this as this is more relevant to the office you lodged in. So, hope for 7, but be prepared for longer.
thanks Aussiegirl, i hope so..... we handed int he form 80 with the application so hopefully that expedites the process a little.... :S

·
Registered
15 Posts
I lodged my application in Cambodia early Jan and they said that it will take up 9-10 month and they didnt ask us to Lodge form 80 with the application apart from the Police checks and the meadical.
As far as am concern No applicant has been asked to lodge the form 80 here in Cambodia. What does that mean?
Hope that wont make it longer ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have heard that from another person in the forum froma high risk country, was never asked for the form 80 and get visa in 5 months.... my fiance is 26 never done anything wrong, indonesian. so i dont know hopefulyl its not nessesary, because im hearing scarey reports on the time it takes for ASIO to process things....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.