Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On the application it asks to what value of goods and money the applicant will be bringing with them into Australia.

Then, on one of the signature pages it requires you to sign to accept that you will not be receiving any government financial support for a 2 year period and must have enough funds to cover yourself for this period. This is strange considering a PMV only gives you 9 months but my question is does the applicant need to have a substatial amount of money if me (the sponsor) is in full time employment and has plegded support?

What is the ideal value of goods/money to put down on the application?

Second question.

It is requested that the applicant provide a certified copy of his/her passport. Does this mean every single page has to be photocopied or do they just expect the identification page?

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Hi there,

You are right that the focus is mainly on the sponsor to provide support. But, I guess in cases where the sponsor is unemployed or has been on Centrelink payments, then DIAC may look to other assets and cash that can be relied on during the time before PR is granted. So, there is really no minumum.

The passport copy only has to be the information page.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.