Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. We are applying for our PMV visa and are trying to decide on a wedding date that will fit with visa processing timelines. I just had a question re applying for a partner visa once you are married. Has anyone done this yet and how long did the process for that visa take? Trying to work out how long we need to leave after the wedding to make sure the next visa is processed in time. The 9 months in which to get married is a short enough period when you take into account the time to actually give notice on job and move over to Australia once PMV is granted (minimum of 3 months in my case) and then get married.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Hi everyone. We are applying for our PMV visa and are trying to decide on a wedding date that will fit with visa processing timelines. I just had a question re applying for a partner visa once you are married. Has anyone done this yet and how long did the process for that visa take? Trying to work out how long we need to leave after the wedding to make sure the next visa is processed in time. The 9 months in which to get married is a short enough period when you take into account the time to actually give notice on job and move over to Australia once PMV is granted (minimum of 3 months in my case) and then get married.

Thanks!!!
Once you are married and submit the partner visa prior to nine months from grant of the PMV, you'll be on a bridging visa if need be while awaiting the processing of the partner visa, but I'd not expect it to be too long seeing as it is really just a continuation of what they have allowed you to start.
So, yes, a bit of a rush to move, arrange the wedding and then allow enough time to get the partner visa lodged but you'll have done most of the work already and what you could do is get yourself extra copies of application forms and so whilst filling in the PMV, also fill in as if for the partner visa and have additional copies of all supportive documents/evidence and then it'll just be adding a bit more for the partner visa application.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.