Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I just submitted my PMV application yesterday. Have learned quite a lot on this site so thank you so much guys!

Although I did my documents quite completely and carefully I'm still worried that they are not enough to show our relationship. We had a few trips together, inside and outside of Australia. We met each other's family in person and have photos (not much just 4). We went for some shows and kept photos (sadly no tickets and photos can't really tell we were at the shows...). We don't have a photo with my fiance's friends yet. Although we were living together for 6 months in Australia, I forgot to change my address on important accounts (like bank/phone, and I don't have mails to prove I lived there)....etc etc

It's not like we don't have evidence, just that our evidence are not perfect in some ways. This makes me anxious :( .......

Thoughts everyone?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another thing is I just noticed when I uploaded attachments I didn't select the most appropriate evidence type and document type. Is it important??

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Although I did my documents quite completely and carefully I'm still worried that they are not enough to show our relationship.
I think that a lot of us feel like that..

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hello everyone! I just submitted my PMV application yesterday. Have learned quite a lot on this site so thank you so much guys! Although I did my documents quite completely and carefully I'm still worried that they are not enough to show our relationship. We had a few trips together, inside and outside of Australia. We met each other's family in person and have photos (not much just 4). We went for some shows and kept photos (sadly no tickets and photos can't really tell we were at the shows...). We don't have a photo with my fiance's friends yet. Although we were living together for 6 months in Australia, I forgot to change my address on important accounts (like bank/phone, and I don't have mails to prove I lived there)....etc etc It's not like we don't have evidence, just that our evidence are not perfect in some ways. This makes me anxious :( ....... Thoughts everyone?
I agree I think everyone has those thoughts once they upload their evidence no matter how much you think you have.

If you feel like we might be able to help you, maybe list the evidence you uploaded and we might be able to suggest some others that you haven't thought of yet.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bet it would be the same for everyone...I guess it's just hard time not knowing for so long and start to question myself if I have prepared enough lol....

Well of course I would love to share with everyone my attachments. I think this is the best my fiance and myself can do for our case. Hope to hear more advice possible :)

1. bank statement: I have highlighted the items for groceries, ticket booking, buying gifts etc, but they are not many and prices are not impressive; also I didn't update to our living address...lesson learned :( please please remember to update address to important accounts.
2. chat history: we used Facebook, Whatsapp, Wechat and Skype. So extracted about 100 pages of our chats from when we were first together till now. (We did a lot of hardwork on coding and programming to make it look the best, anyone interested I can talk about it more later)
3. phone bills: submitted both of our phone bills, but not too many calls as we normally use social apps (again wrong address)
4. photos: we didn't take many photos before, which is a disadvantages as our photos can't really tell much of time changing. We tried our best but most of them were taken recently :(
5. travelling evidence: like flight tickets, hotel bookings. but photos can't really tell we were there though.
6. Gifts: not receipts only payment record and a photo of the gifts.
7. Movies: booking records but dates were too close
8. work events: tickets for my fiance's work events but no photos
9. shows: photos of us going to show alone and with my fiance's parents but no tickets or payment records
10. my fiance's sister wedding: only two formal family photos, no photos with other guests (we enjoyed the party so much that we forgot to take ........ what a waste of opportunity)
11. form 888: one from fiance's sister one from my workmate

We do not have much financial connection yet besides buying each other dinner or grocery. My fiance owns the house and I paid $500 as like utilities etc (but on my bank statement i refered as rent so he can easily remember). We only lived for 6 month before i left Australia and I don't have mails to prove that besides my driver license address.

Above are the relationship evidence we submitted. Also I noticed I made wrong selection when uploading to immi account of Evidence type and document type. I hope that doesn't matter much .......

Happy to hear more voices :D

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I feel like we have very little evidence, and reading here everyday i think i get more worried.

We live together, so no phone contact, no letters, no emails.
Just a few photos with us together, as most are individual photos, or just scenery
But I did put in air and ferry tickets for both of us: Manila-Sydney-Manila and Manila-Cebu-Manila and Manila-Tacloban-Manila for three holidays in the 10 months.
I did get a letter from the Condo owner confirming we both live there together since August 2014, and still do.
Bank statements only show my money going in, and cash withdrawals.
We pay all cost by cash.
We have no correspondence to our address. No bills in either of our names.

Would love to hear someone say that is enough, and mean it, preferably an immigration officer ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I feel like we have very little evidence, and reading here everyday i think i get more worried.

We live together, so no phone contact, no letters, no emails.
Just a few photos with us together, as most are individual photos, or just scenery
But I did put in air and ferry tickets for both of us: Manila-Sydney-Manila and Manila-Cebu-Manila and Manila-Tacloban-Manila for three holidays in the 10 months.
I did get a letter from the Condo owner confirming we both live there together since August 2014, and still do.
Bank statements only show my money going in, and cash withdrawals.
We pay all cost by cash.
We have no correspondence to our address. No bills in either of our names.

Would love to hear someone say that is enough, and mean it, preferably an immigration officer ;)
I think our situation is a bit similar. We also lived for 6 months so not many phone contacts or emails or mails etc. And we pretty much used cash all the time as well so not many items in bank statement can be identified. We both are the kind of no photo person I guess so not many photos of us as a couple joining social activities. The more I look at the forum and others' posts the more worried i feel :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
Babyrabbit, that sounds like what we had.

You also both wrote your relationship statements yeah?

The only thing I would suggest you try and get more of would be any supporting statements from family or friends. If you can get a few more (they don't need to be form 888) I think that could support your application further. If you can't it's all good, just a suggestion :)

Reactions: babyrabbit

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Babyrabbit, that sounds like what we had.

You also both wrote your relationship statements yeah?

The only thing I would suggest you try and get more of would be any supporting statements from family or friends. If you can get a few more (they don't need to be form 888) I think that could support your application further. If you can't it's all good, just a suggestion :)
Thanks for you reply Canegirl :)

1. No :( I wrote my relationship statement and signed on it but we didn't submit my fiance's as the website didn't list it on the checklist of sponsor. Do you think it's better if my fiance does it as well?

2. What kind of supporting statements are you mentioning? Does it have to have any format requirement or a statutory declaration or just a casual statement with their signature and ID?

I think I'm just nervous because our evidence can't perfectly present our relationship details. But I think by doing PMV it's a very good process for both of us to learn how to prepare 820 later via the most easiest ways :)

Finger cross and wish all of us the best of luck!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Thanks for you reply Canegirl :) 1. No :( I wrote my relationship statement and signed on it but we didn't submit my fiance's as the website didn't list it on the checklist of sponsor. Do you think it's better if my fiance does it as well? 2. What kind of supporting statements are you mentioning? Does it have to have any format requirement or a statutory declaration or just a casual statement with their signature and ID? I think I'm just nervous because our evidence can't perfectly present our relationship details. But I think by doing PMV it's a very good process for both of us to learn how to prepare 820 later via the most easiest ways :) Finger cross and wish all of us the best of luck!
1. Yes he should type up his relationship statement as well in his words. Have him sign it, date it and then upload it.

2. With a few of my supporting statements we did them on commonwealth stat decs, following the same information requested on the 888 form. We had them notarized (U.S) and then just had a copy of their photo ID too, we just thought it would hold a little more weight. If you don't want to do that I also had one supporting witness statement just typed up, signed and dated with photo ID.

I think we all get nervous thinking the evidence won't truly show just how genuine our relationships are but the more evidence we can give to support our application the better it is :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1. Yes he should type up his relationship statement as well in his words. Have him sign it, date it and then upload it.

2. With a few of my supporting statements we did them on commonwealth stat decs, following the same information requested on the 888 form. We had them notarized (U.S) and then just had a copy of their photo ID too, we just thought it would hold a little more weight. If you don't want to do that I also had one supporting witness statement just typed up, signed and dated with photo ID.

I think we all get nervous thinking the evidence won't truly show just how genuine our relationships are but the more evidence we can give to support our application the better it is :)
Interesting point!! Would statements from friends or family members with a respectful position title help? Like principle of a school or university professor etc. I also read some people said that voice from close family might not valued that much. Do these people need to have Australian citizenship or PR at least?

I saw it only took you 6 months to get it granted! That's awesome! I wish the process could be so fast for China too..........I found myself checking immi account everyday like crazy :( :(

·
Registered
402 Posts
Interesting point!! Would statements from friends or family members with a respectful position title help? Like principle of a school or university professor etc. I also read some people said that voice from close family might not valued that much. Do these people need to have Australian citizenship or PR at least? I saw it only took you 6 months to get it granted! That's awesome! I wish the process could be so fast for China too..........I found myself checking immi account everyday like crazy :( :(
They don't need titles they just need to be able to support your relationship by either having met you/your partner, spoken to you/partner or even just a good friend who you have spoken to about your relationship, future plans etc. You obviously can't rely on these statements being all your evidence but it mostly certainly can be one part of your evidence. :)

The Australian citizens are what you need for the 888 form, supporting statements can be anyone. We had supporting statements from my fiancée Mum and brother and also a good friend of mine that lives in NZ.

Yes we were approved in 6 months, we were very happy. As long as you have uploaded all the evidence you can, then you just need to sit tight and wait but it is all worth it in the end!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.