Australia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone here , I am new to this forum so pardon me if my question seems a little bit off . my question is very tricky so I will try my best to break it down too

My wife applied for PMV 300 visa in December 2019 because we were not married then covid came in 2020 and we were worried we would be stuck so we got married in May,2021, By June we decided to switch from pmv 300 to 309 and it the 309 was granted in July ..

My question is , does she have to wait for another 2 years starting from June or will the 2 years count from the 2019 ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My wife applied for PMV 300 visa in December 2019 because we were not married then covid came in 2020 and we were worried we would be stuck so we got married in May,2021, By June we decided to switch from pmv 300 to 309 and it the 309 was granted in July ..

My question is , does she have to wait for another 2 years starting from June or will the 2 years count from the 2019 ?
HELP PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
Hello everyone here , I am new to this forum so pardon me if my question seems a little bit off . my question is very tricky so I will try my best to break it down too

I think the 100 eligibility will be December 2021. From what I have read, a switch from a 300 application to a 309 is treated as a 309 application from the start.

Your 309 was granted 19 months from 300 application, a semi-normal waiting time.

If they used the date of switch as a new application date, your 309 was processed in 1 month!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think the 100 eligibility will be December 2021. From what I have read, a switch from a 300 application to a 309 is treated as a 309 application from the start.

Your 309 was granted 19 months from 300 application, a semi-normal waiting time.

If they used the date of switch as a new application date, your 309 was processed in 1 month!!
Thank you so much for this reply. you can also help me ask around from more people so i can be sure

·
Registered
140 Posts
How is everyone going with flights? How are we able to book flights? I have been granted my visa and received my exemption last week. But flights are very limited from what I heard.

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
How is everyone going with flights? How are we able to book flights? I have been granted my visa and received my exemption last week. But flights are very limited from what I heard.
It can depend a lot on which country you are flying from.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It can depend a lot on which country you are flying from.
From Luxembourg, but I see nearest to me will be Frankfurt Germany, then Dubai and then Melb or Perth to Melb. But I don't know where I can book the flights!!

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
From Luxembourg, but I see nearest to me will be Frankfurt Germany, then Dubai and then Melb or Perth to Melb. But I don't know where I can book the flights!!
A travel agent is probably best, but expect to need to get a business class fare. With so few people permitted to enter each State it is not easy to find an airline with a vacant seat.

Melbourne is currently capped at only 500 arrivals per week.

·
Registered
140 Posts
A travel agent is probably best, but expect to need to get a business class fare. With so few people permitted to enter each State it is not easy to find an airline with a vacant seat.

Melbourne is currently capped at only 500 arrivals per week.
But I know some people are able to travel via Eco from Frankfurt. But I have not received any mail from DFAT, and it seems they only sent email end of month for the next month. Even the travel agent can have a flight. ;(

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
But I know some people are able to travel via Eco from Frankfurt. But I have not received any mail from DFAT, and it seems they only sent email end of month for the next month. Even the travel agent can have a flight. ;(
DFAT does the Repatriation flights for Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents.

Which visa have you been granted?

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT), has confirmed that repatriation flights to Australia are for vulnerable Australians, Australian permanent residents and their immediate family members.

Others need to do regular commercial flights.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have PMV300 visa. Even if there are available places?so I need to consult a travel agent for my flight?

·
Registered
6,883 Posts
I have PMV300 visa. Even if there are available places?so I need to consult a travel agent for my flight?
Repatriation Flights might take time to get a space. Not sure how it works, but they say there are over 30,000 Australians waiting for a seat.

All flight spaces are limited by the available quarantine places in Australia.

A travel agent might be able to arrange a commercial flight faster.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Repatriation Flights might take time to get a space. Not sure how it works, but they say there are over 30,000 Australians waiting for a seat.

The validity of the visa is now 12 months. Before it was 9 months and the condition was that we needed to get married within these 9 months, is the 9 months still in place or is it that we need to get married within the validity of the visa?

·
Registered
140 Posts

Thanks but this we all know that. This is not really encouraging, I believe only those in same boat will understand. Sadly ;(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts