Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
getting to a serious discussion with my partner that i recently engaged too.
want to keep this simple as i'm quite slow. Im 21 and she is 20.

we have been together for 1 year and 8 months & she is from Thailand

we met in Australia while she was studying.

During her studies we rented a house together for 4 MONTHS at her friends, i don't have any postal proof on my behalf as she was paying the rent for me and i paid phone bills online. but we have millions of photos as proof but i don't think that matters does it?.

After those 4 months, we decided to move into my mums house because we wanted to save money, she changed her postal address and had all her bills, statements and etc come to my house. WE stayed there together for 8 MONTHS.

My mum loves her and even supported my partner by getting a Iphone & Macbook on slow payment. (which my gf at the time ended up paying it all within a few months)

we went to Thailand together for 1 month during her study break.

My partners studying visa is finished.
since then we have visited by travelling to see each other numerous times.

2017 october- Went to Thailand for 1 month to stay with my partner
2018- February- She came to Perth for 1 Month.
2018- May i was in Thailand for 1 month.

to sum it all up, we have lived together for about 12 months, we have a joint bank account for our savings. travelled at-least 4 -5 times. been together for a total of 1 year and 8 months.

The question is: My girlfriend keeps saying a partner visa 820/801 will be better, her agency and the posts she has read is telling her Partner visa.
But i'm saying from the posts i've read on this forum that the PMV is better.
can someone please help us decide this.

we love each other very much and just want her to come here ASAP and safely so we can start our future of work and studies.

it may seem like gibberish but i am currently at work and don't get much time too write detailed paragraphs.

thank you for your patience.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
You are potentially eliagble for both.

820/801 she needs to be onshore without a no further stay otherwise it will be a 309/100.

The pmv will cost more in the long run, however it's easier to get with less evidence.

From your above post it seems you may have evidence that could support an 820 or 309 visa.

It would be worthwhile having a consult with a migration agent if you are unsure about your ability to understand the requirments/legislation.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
From the information provided I can’t tell you what the better option is.

But tell your partner not to confuse herself with what she reads on forums. Also tell her not use any agency that is not based and registered in Australia.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you to everyone who has replied we are very grateful. I have one more question.

if my partner came to perth AUS on a travel/tourist visa obviously for a holiday, are we allowed to go see a migration agent and talk with whats our best option? Or is that not allowed because its breaching her visa? And if not does anyone know how i can find a good migration agent online to help

Because we would like to see each other and talk, gather all our evidence together in 1 spot so we are prepared for applying offshore/onshore.

Thanks heaps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From the information provided I can't tell you what the better option is.

But tell your partner not to confuse herself with what she reads on forums. Also tell her not use any agency that is not based and registered in Australia.
Just seen that you're an agent. Sorry i'm not really good with this stuff and im trying to learn.
Can you please help me with my situation, what kind of information would you need?

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
Just seen that you're an agent. Sorry i'm not really good with this stuff and im trying to learn.
Can you please help me with my situation, what kind of information would you need?
Feel free to contact me directly: [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.