Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner is currently on the PMV300 visa and will soon be applying for the 820 visa. The PMV300 will only expire in June 2018.

I understand upon application of the 820 visa, Bridging Visa A will automatically be issued.

Would the Bridging Visa A override the PMV300 that she currently holds? Or will the Bridging Visa A only come into effect upon the expiry of the PMV300 in June 2018?

Reason I am asking is because we are planning for a short travel (before June 2018) after putting in an application for the 820 visa and am wondering if we would need to apply for a BVB, or can the travel be on her existing PMV300.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
The BVA will come in to effect once the PMV expires, therefore is she travels overseas and comes back before the expiry of the PMV she will not need to apply for a BVB.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The BVA will come in to effect once the PMV expires, therefore is she travels overseas and comes back before the expiry of the PMV she will not need to apply for a BVB.
That's great.

Would she need to inform DIBP prior to travel though?

I understand the 820 visa can only be granted if the applicant is onshore in Australia. Am I correct?

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
That's great.

Would she need to inform DIBP prior to travel though?

I understand the 820 visa can only be granted if the applicant is onshore in Australia. Am I correct?
They will know that she is out of the country anyway, but it is best to notify DIBP that she will be out of the country incase they try to contact her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.