Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm living with my wife overseas right now and have been for the past few years. I am an Australian citizen and we will be returning to Australia to apply for a partner visa onshore around september/october. So we will need police certificates from this country and i will need a police certificate from Australia. My question is, how long are these valid for? Can i start preparing the police certificate from this country now and bring it to Australia ready to submit with the partner visa application or should i wait closer to when we are ready to leave?

Also, on a bridging visa, are employers happy to hire professionals on this?

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
on a bridging visa, are employers happy to hire professionals on this?
Many employers like to be sure that the job applicants are secure in Australia, and will not leave suddenly. This creates problems for many on Temporary visas. I would assume a bridging visa might be even worse.

If the job is temporary in nature, then it may not be a problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many employers like to be sure that the job applicants are secure in Australia, and will not leave suddenly. This creates problems for many on Temporary visas. I would assume a bridging visa might be even worse.

If the job is temporary in nature, then it may not be a problem.
Thanks for the reply. Do you have some personal experience on this subject?

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Do you have some personal experience on this subject?
I used to be an employer.
And before that, when I first arrived in Australia, it is basically what an employment agency told me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I believe for visa applications the the police certificates have to be less than 12 months old. We waited and then was eventually asked by the immigration to supply them..
We were worried since the application processing time said over 12 months that the certificate would become invalid.
It will slow the application process down but I would suggest waiting until after the application is submitted or until you are requested, a few people i have spoken to have done this including me. When requested for the police you will probably be given 4 weeks to provide them, but if you cant provide it in that time you need to upload evidence (Immigration said a statutory deceleration or even hand written letter was fine for us but a copy of the application) explaining why it would take longer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.