Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the process of preparing my various documents for the Partner Migration Visa. Today, I received my Police Cleareance Certificate and even though I specifically said to provide a certificate for the last 12 months, they gave me my whole file. I live in Belgium and that's how it's done here. The problem is that I have two previous traffic violations dating from 2006 and 2007 for which I was convicted. Never went to prison or anything. Just paid a fine and had my Driver's license suspended for a couple of weeks. On the police certificate it shows the date of judgement which is in 2008 and one is January 2009. Can my application be refused because of this. I haven't sent in the application yet. I called the Berling office today and they couldn't help me. I just don't want to apply if it will be refused anyway. My husband who is Australian says that I shouldn't worry. He says they are considered "spent convictions" and time has passed. My record has been clean for two years now. It's just the dates of judgements that are more recent. Thanks in advance for any advice or experience.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
It is just as well that the Belgium Police gave you a whole of life report or otherwise you would have been requested to get another.
But as your hub says, it is nothing to worry about and there's enough drivers in Australia who have traffic infringements/convictions, immigration people included probably, that it is not made a condition of immigration that you have one so as to fit in! [just joking of course].

btw., it is every country that you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last ten years [ or from age of 16] that you need a police report from and so if you've been living in any other countries for more than 12 months, you'll need reports from those too.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is just as well that the Belgium Police gave you a whole of life report or otherwise you would have been requested to get another.
But as your hub says, it is nothing to worry about and there's enough drivers in Australia who have traffic infringements/convictions, immigration people included probably, that it is not made a condition of immigration that you have one so as to fit in! [just joking of course].

btw., it is every country that you have lived in for 12 months or more in the last ten years [ or from age of 16] that you need a police report from and so if you've been living in any other countries for more than 12 months, you'll need reports from those too.
Thanks for your reply wanderer. I have been living in Belgium for the last 18 years. I found out on the Immi site that I have to have had substantial police record which means having spent time in prison, etc...

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The 12 months prison time is the automatic refusal point but I didn't expect you'd be anywhere near that and thus didn't mention it.

Just relax with the application and use the Checklist provided and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi,
When should i submit my police certificate ? Should i submit it with my application or when i am requested? And for how long dose the police certificate be valid ?

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Hi,
When should i submit my police certificate ? Should i submit it with my application or when i am requested? And for how long dose the police certificate be valid ?
I would personally submit everything with your application. if possible include your medicals, police clearances. this can only speed up the process.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello,

I am in the process of preparing my various documents for the Partner Migration Visa. Today, I received my Police Cleareance Certificate and even though I specifically said to provide a certificate for the last 12 months, they gave me my whole file. I live in Belgium and that's how it's done here. The problem is that I have two previous traffic violations dating from 2006 and 2007 for which I was convicted. Never went to prison or anything. Just paid a fine and had my Driver's license suspended for a couple of weeks. On the police certificate it shows the date of judgement which is in 2008 and one is January 2009. Can my application be refused because of this. I haven't sent in the application yet. I called the Berling office today and they couldn't help me. I just don't want to apply if it will be refused anyway. My husband who is Australian says that I shouldn't worry. He says they are considered "spent convictions" and time has passed. My record has been clean for two years now. It's just the dates of judgements that are more recent. Thanks in advance for any advice or experience.
Hi Pandora,

I am in the process of applying from Belgium and I was hoping you could give me some help -

1. How do I go about requesting a police clearance and how long does it take?

2. How\where can I get documents certified and witnessed (statutory declaration)?

Many thanks
Kyle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.