Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Thank you to all of you who are contributing with their answers in this forum. I have found this internet web a treasure of information.

I will be applying for my 801 visa in a few months and I am trying to get everything together in advance.

When I applied for my 820 we included a Certificate of Relationship which was released in June 2016 and it specified our address and occupations at the time. I intend on including this document for the 801 application as well. Our address and occupations have changed since then. Should we apply for a new Certificate of Relationship which would show our updated address and occupations, or upload the existing one? I have already updated the change of address in my Immi account. Also, if including the existing Certificate of Relationship, do I need to certify it again or use the one that has been already certified in 2016?

Additionally, does the sponsor need a police check for the 801? We were never asked for one when we applied for the 820 in 2016, but I keep getting different answers about the 801 sponsor's police check.

Thank you in advance for your help :)

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
You don't need to include your certificate of relationship. You need to provide evidence that your relationship is ongoing after your original visa application. Assuming that you are still in a de facto relationship, then all you need to do is to look at R1.09A (3) of the Migration Regulations (1994) and meet as many of the criteria as you can.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
You don't need to include your certificate of relationship. You need to provide evidence that your relationship is ongoing after your original visa application. Assuming that you are still in a de facto relationship, then all you need to do is to look at R1.09A (3) of the Migration Regulations (1994) and meet as many of the criteria as you can.
Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for your answer. Yes I get that, we do have plenty of evidence from all four categories, joint house lease, joint bills, joint bank account, joint health insurance, joint car insurance, joint contents insurance, evidence of joint social life, declared partner on tax returns or etc etc.

I wanted to include the Certificate of Relationship as an additional document, because why not. From what I have previously read in this forum, it's not known whether the CO assessing your 801 application looks at what's been submitted for the 820 application and I feel its a strong document.

Also, does anyone know about whether the sponsor will need a police check for the 801 application? Just trying to plan and prepare everything in advance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.