Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gday all,

My wife and I put in our partner visa back in early March of this year, and uploaded at least 2 documents / photos / scans for each requested article.

We haven’t heard anything until today, ended of August, where they are requesting a police clearance certificate for me, the sponsor.

Since we haven’t heard anything until now, is it safe to assume this is good news, and it means that someone is looking at the application? I imagine it would be fairly easy going / quick from here on, as we filled it all in and documented it all so well, but I am no expert.

I just wanted to ask here to know if I should plan to celebrate soon or not! The police application said it should be back within 2 weeks, and then I shall upload it as soon as I can.

Does anyone else who was granted it/ have experience with others’ appications have any indication whether this is a good thing or not?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I uploaded police checks 2 months after my initial application so I can't comment on my experience with this. But I have seen it on the forums from other people who get police checks requested and they still wait anywhere from days to a few months for a visa grant. Although it could mean your application is moving forward i don't think its always necessarily a sign of a grant coming up very soon

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Police certificates for the sponsor are a standard requirement nowadays. The sponsor needs to be cleared, before actual processing can commence. I always provide the sponsor’s police clearances up front.

·
Registered
23 Posts
We also forgot that and were asked to provide it around 5 months after application. Grant took still 7 more months so keep patient. It may or may not be an indicator for a speedy process from now on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Police certificates for the sponsor are a standard requirement nowadays. The sponsor needs to be cleared, before actual processing can commence. I always provide the sponsor's police clearances up front.
Hi Nick,

My wife's 100 application was submitted in Oct, 2017 (eligibility Nov 7th, 2017, 309 lodged Nov 7th 2015). I believe it was before Nov 18th 2016 sponsor requirement change. Therefore, in my case, the sponsor's police check is not required?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Police certificates for the sponsor are a standard requirement nowadays. The sponsor needs to be cleared, before actual processing can commence. I always provide the sponsor's police clearances up front.
Hi Nick,

Just wondering if the sponsor's police clearance has one year shelf life as well? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hi Nick,

My wife's 100 application was submitted in Oct, 2017 (eligibility Nov 7th, 2017, 309 lodged Nov 7th 2015). I believe it was before Nov 18th 2016 sponsor requirement change. Therefore, in my case, the sponsor's police check is not required?
As far as I know there is currently no requirement for sponsor police certificates for the stage 2 application, regardless of when the original application was lodged.

·
Premium Member
6,603 Posts
Hi Nick,

Just wondering if the sponsor's police clearance has one year shelf life as well? Thanks!
I'd imagine so, but the sponsor is typically assessed first, so unless the police certificate is old, there is usually no issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think they process the sponsors part of the application first, before they even look at the applicants part. We applied last August and they requested my police check in November (sponsor), didn’t hear a thing from them again until yesterday. Don’t get too excited!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.