Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I applied for a partner visa and after more than a year I have received an answer from immigration department.

I was required to take medical check & police check.

I have done my medical check, and I applied for my NPC on the day I received the request but the average processing time for NPC is about 15-25days at the moment when I called them to ask about the timeline.

I am worried now that I might not be able to submit relevant information (police check certificate) in the given 28days time period with the weekends & public holidays and stuffs... Delivery takes time too you know.

I wanted to call the immi, and I keep trying but you guys know how hard it is to get a hold of them especially when you have to work as well! :(

I uploaded my police check receipt, is there anything else I can do in the worst case scenario?

I am thinking I might get a national police clearance (the one you need for your employment or volunteer, I will get it from AUSpost) & upload it, and explain what is going on. I will of course mention that I will upload my AFP national police certificate asap.

Do you guys think this is okay?
Or should I email them and explain the situation?

I am getting so nervous as the time is ticking...!!!

Please share if you have similar experiences or any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Relax. This happens all the time. In fact, at one point US FBI checks were taking 4 months so none of those people would have made it in 28 days either.

All you need to do is submit evidence to your immi account that you've applied for the check and that you're waiting on it. A simple receipt or confirmation will suffice. Once you get the actual check, upload it and then hit the information provide button.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Relax. This happens all the time. In fact, at one point US FBI checks were taking 4 months so none of those people would have made it in 28 days either.

All you need to do is submit evidence to your immi account that you've applied for the check and that you're waiting on it. A simple receipt or confirmation will suffice. Once you get the actual check, upload it and then hit the information provide button.
Thanks heaps! I've applied for the check, and I will email them if it does not come until the 28days expire. The timeline is driving me crazyyy

·
Registered
23 Posts
I am worried now that I might not be able to submit relevant information (police check certificate) in the given 28days time period with the weekends & public holidays and stuffs... Delivery takes time too you know.

I uploaded my police check receipt, is there anything else I can do in the worst case scenario?

I am thinking I might get a national police clearance (the one you need for your employment or volunteer, I will get it from AUSpost) & upload it, and explain what is going on. I will of course mention that I will upload my AFP national police certificate asap.

Do you guys think this is okay?
Or should I email them and explain the situation?

I am getting so nervous as the time is ticking...!!!

Please share if you have similar experiences or any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks guys!
Hi,

As you've already heard, it often happens that police checks take longer than 28 days to be received, especially from overseas. I think that it's important to respond within 28 days and show that you have the intention to provide the information, and proof that you have started the process.

In our case, we were asked for police checks from Singapore, which involved a complicated and lengthy process, which we knew about in advance.

We immediately acknowledged the CO's email and in the email explained the process step by step, with potential time-frames. We made it clear that it may take up to 60 days to receive and upload the police checks, and asked for this to be taken into account.

We then uploaded evidence showing that we had initiated the process and where we were up to every step of the way; proof of appeal to apply for Police Checks, grant of appeal, copies of the receipt for application for police checks, and acknowledgement that they had been completed and were being mailed.

We emailed the Case office every time we uploaded something, and finally on the 28th day we explained all the steps we had taken, and that it was now out of our hands, and that we could only wait. We received a curt acknowledgement to this.

Finally we received the police checks and uploaded them exactly 56 days after the Request for Further Information was received. There is a button to click acknowledging that you have provided everything requested. After uploading the police checks, we clicked the button, and also emailed the CO to inform him that the information requested had been provided.

I'm sure that this is OTT, but it makes me feel better to have taken these steps and not allowed for vague communication and or oversight.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.