Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
my husband has applied for' Partner Marriage Visa' with myself being his sponsor.
I just received my National Police Certificate in the mail and I have an offence 'without conviction' listed.
The charge was not a serious matter but it did involve making a 'false statement' (which was not in regard to a Visa Application or anything like that).
I didn't mention it on Form 40SP as I was told by the lawyer who represented me on this charge that it wouldn't appear on Police Checks and that's the reason she had sought a guilty plea 'without conviction' so that my work and housing etc.. wouldn't be affected.
I've had Police Checks done previously for work and nothing has ever come up before so I believed that I wouldn't need to disclose it on Form 40SP.
Is this going to affect my sponsorship of my husband? Especially as I didn't disclose on Form 40SP.
Please help, I'm very concerned about this.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am not too familiar with non-spent convictions regarding partner visas.

It may not have been an issue with the actual showing on the police check, however the fact that you left it off when asked in your application, may not look great in the eyes of the department. It appears to them you had misled them and not answered truthfully.

I would be contacting an RMA urgently if it were me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to your IMMI account, select 'update details' on the left of the page then select 'Notification of incorrect answer(s)' this brings up a form where you're able to correct any information you have provided that was incorrect.
My advice is be 100% accurate in everything you tell IMMI
If you leave out anything they're bound to find out and this shall not go favourable towards you .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.