Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i have a question which i hope that someone give me an answer of,

I was working in Dubai, and one day, me and my friend we were about to make an accident with a local guy over there, he was a Lieutenant (driving his personal car), he stopped and claimed when police came that i was cursing him and i raised my middle finger in his face, a case was opened against me and i was Accused of indecent act in public and i was deported because of that just because he is a Lieutenant, no evidences no witnesses, anyway. Now i want to apply for immigration to Australia, i meet all the requirements for immigration in terms of age, work experience, qualification, language etc... My question is will my application be refused because of that issue mentioned above. They just deported me, no jail, no fines, as per the court my charge is considered an offense not a crime.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
There are two separate issues, one being criminal convictions where a sentence of 12 months or more will normally see a visa application refused but it would seem you are not in that situation.
Re the deportation, all you can do is be truthful in your application and explain the situation.
Immi do have provision for making pre lodgement enquiries and you could detail the situation in making an enquiry to see if you can get some advice, not that any advice from Immi is usually too specific, for instance no advice can ever be given on yes your application would be rejected or no it'd be OK for those decisions can only be made as a result of an application.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.