Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I submitted my de facto partner visa last year around this time through an online application, and this week received a request for more information. This includes two police checks.

After I receive the police checks, can I scan the originals and submit them online? Or do I need to get high quality copies certified, and then submit those certified copies online?

The wording in the request is confusing to me, and while I've emailed immigration to follow up, I'm not sure they will get back to me. Anyone here have any idea what is acceptable?

Thank you!

J

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i scanned the original and downloaded it into my account. Ask your CO if any doubts...
Thanks. I did just email the CO, but I got an auto-generated email saying the info might be elsewhere, and if it is I won't get a response. Hopefully she responds, but thought others might now if this info existed elsewhere and had personal experience that scanning originals (not certified copies) is OK.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Hello,

I submitted my de facto partner visa last year around this time through an online application, and this week received a request for more information. This includes two police checks.

After I receive the police checks, can I scan the originals and submit them online? Or do I need to get high quality copies certified, and then submit those certified copies online?

The wording in the request is confusing to me, and while I've emailed immigration to follow up, I'm not sure they will get back to me. Anyone here have any idea what is acceptable?

Thank you!

J
Scan the originals in colour and that will be fine, no need for certified copies.

·
Registered
22 Posts
on immigration website and email from my co said applicant has to mail the original certificate to immigration office. it might be only applied to some country and i did color scan and uploaded to my account, and also sent the original cert to CO office.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your responses everyone. My CO got back to me and said high quality scans are fine for my police checks.

Hahah perhaps I wasted my time submitting my original application as I copied each document, got them certified, and then scanned those certified copies. Might have made more work for myself but the department seems happy with those documents, so that's all that matters in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.