Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My worst nightmare has come true :( The story goes like this:

As I worked in China before for 12 months I have to apply for my police checks to support my partner visa application (820/801).

The Chinese embassy doesn't process such applications so I have to do it through my contacts in China. Now, China is divided into districts, followed by provinces, followed by cities. To get a police check, I have to go through the district police station first. As I was working then in an industrial zone, I was under a 'district'. Using the DIAC's guideline for Chinese police checks, I informed my ex-colleague what to do and provided her with all my documents.

My ex-colleague tried applying on my behalf to the district police station. Guess what? The officer said that he can't do it because his computer system doesn't capture foreigners' records, only local citizens. In fact, in his 5 years with the station, this is the first time he's ever encountered my case! :eek: Holy cow... I don't know if anyone has been in my situation, or heard anything similar?

I've informed my ex-colleague to talk to the provincial station, and if that doesn't work, the city station. But it's a common fact that there're many procedures in China that are not in place yet! I won't be surprised if both the provincial and city station refer my ex-colleague back to the district station.

Oh, I have also asked my ex-colleague to request for an official letter by the police stating that they can't do checks for foreigners, but the officer said they don't do such letters - any exchange with the police station will be by phone or in person. So I can't even prove to DIAC that I have tried but wasn't successful.

Does anyone have some advice?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.