Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to say first and foremost that this site and the information I have received from other members has been amazing . As I'm sure as many of you know ,the visa process can be quite stressful at times . Thank you.

My Question is about Police Checks . My wife is applying for a 309 partner visa . We are applying offshore . I understand that she needs a AFP police check , but a friend of ours who went through the same process , told us that I would also need a police check . I have looked over the departments website quite a few times but can't find the information I need . I am Australian , so I don't know why I would need one. Can anyone please inform me ?

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Im not sure about the requirements of a 309 but i applied for a subclass 300 and my partner AU resident living here in Malta he didnt need one at all. They never asked him for one.

·
Registered
831 Posts
We got my Australian partner's check too just to be safe!

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
It's my understanding that you wouldn't need one unless there is a minor child involved.

Reactions: MarkNortham

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
It's my understanding that you wouldn't need one unless there is a minor child involved.
College girl is correct. The Australian partner needs police checks if there are children under 18 migrating with you. In that case they need checks from Australia and any country that they have lived in for a year or more.

Kttykat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.