Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
I would like to ask if someone has been to a similar position or maybe knows the answer to my problem.
So a year ago I went to court as police stopped me and my overseas license was expired. I did attempt to get a new one but I was told I have to go back to my country to get a new one and I drove it was a small country town to go and apply for my QLD license but police took me down before I made it there. Anyhow he wrote his case that I was never licensed on his opinion cause i couldn't produce a valid license and sent me to court.
I appeared in court and Judge said there will be good behavior bond for 12 months and there will be no conviction recorded. So its been more than 12 months now and I received my AFP check and it states there that I have been to the court and what for but behind this stands. No conviction recorded and 12-month good behavior bond issued. I am worried now as if this affects my visa and should I be adding an explanation with the AFP certificate as to what happened etc.?
Thank you if someone can help with this as I am quite stressed out. I have never had anything to do with courts and my police checks are all clear and even from my own country so made the stupid mistake and now the lesson learnt.

·
Registered
131 Posts
As long as you have declared your involvement in whichever visa you are applying for it will not be an issue. Remember that the character questions are "...have you ever been charged or convicted......" If you are worried upload a letter using the relevant on line tool. You will not be denied a visa based on this infraction however make sure you declare to Home Affairs.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.