Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just lodged my application for PMV (subclass 300) last week. I received an acknowledgment letter already from the Embassy in Manila, Philippines. Just stating that they got it and that they would eventually assign a CO for that. I wanted to get my Police Clearance from HK ( I was been working there for 4 years) early so that I could include it in my second lodgement for my passport and and my local Penal Clearance ( included one already last week with only travel for abroad on it, but the Australian Embassy here in Manila wanted our NBI clearance to have a specific " TRAVEL FOR AUSTRALIA" on it, so I have to get one again.). I am aware that I would have to have a referral letter from the Australian Embassy that I could send to HK requesting that they needed it for my application. But I wanted to get it now, could I use my acknowledgment letter as proof for my application? Anyone who experienced the same or knew someone who did the same? Just wanted this application going and fast.

Thank You.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
The normal thing with offshore visa applications is to wait on a CO requesting you to do health and police checks but different embassies may have variations on what they tell people and with the police check, if you have now left HK with no intention of returning, there would be no harm at all in getting a police check underway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The normal thing with offshore visa applications is to wait on a CO requesting you to do health and police checks but different embassies may have variations on what they tell people and with the police check, if you have now left HK with no intention of returning, there would be no harm at all in getting a police check underway.
I am not going back there anymore for work, but may be for a visit, but not this time.

Thank You Very Much for the reply. I might as well try it though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.