Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please tell me the when they say police clearence certificates from 10 years ago, do they mean 10 years from the time of application or 10 years from when you are asked to get police clearence by australian immigration? I know sometimes the skilled migration application process may take up to 2 to 3 yeras.

I have not sent the application yet. During last 10 years I have spent 3 years in the US, and now 7 years in South Africa?
I

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dear Amanda;

As per my knowledge you are required to provide the PCC,on the basis of your current address/country.You should better ask IMMI AUS/DIAC from pre lodgement inquiry.

Thanks.

Hassan

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi There

You will therefore need 1 police clearance from the USA and 1 from South Africa.
What subclass of visa are you applying for? You may not need to get the clearances immediately depending on the visa you are applying for . Regards

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi There

You will therefore need 1 police clearance from the USA and 1 from South Africa.
What subclass of visa are you applying for? You may not need to get the clearances immediately depending on the visa you are applying for . Regards
I am applying for sponsored skilled migration. 176. I don't think I need it right now. Wonder if I get one from the US it will expire?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Amanda
You can get the US police clearance if you have not been back there since leaving. This clearance will not expire.

Best Mary
Thanks... a lot. How would the OZ immigration will find out if havent been back or not, do i need to provide evidence along with the police celarence> sorry this may be a silly question.

·
Registered
9 Posts
can someone please tell me the when they say police clearence certificates from 10 years ago, do they mean 10 years from the time of application or 10 years from when you are asked to get police clearence by australian immigration? I know sometimes the skilled migration application process may take up to 2 to 3 yeras.

I have not sent the application yet. During last 10 years I have spent 3 years in the US, and now 7 years in South Africa?
I
Hello Amanda

It is DIACs policy for Certificates to remain valid for 12 months of the current applicant's country of residence. So, if you are residing in the US the 12mths will apply, after the 12 months expires that certificate will not be valid if the visa is not granted within that time frame.

So, you will be required to provide a certificate from any country you have lived in for more than 12mths over the last 10 years. Time counts at DIACs request.

The Department of Immigration has the Movement of Data of Persons, and there is the similar International Movement of Data of Persons. I am currently doing a few for clients of mine, which gives movements internationally.

William E Diez & Associates
(mara 0958792)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Hello Amanda

It is DIACs policy for Certificates to remain valid for 12 months of the current applicant's country of residence. So, if you are residing in the US the 12mths will apply, after the 12 months expires that certificate will not be valid if the visa is not granted within that time frame.

So, you will be required to provide a certificate from any country you have lived in for more than 12mths over the last 10 years. Time counts at DIACs request.

The Department of Immigration has the Movement of Data of Persons, and there is the similar International Movement of Data of Persons. I am currently doing a few for clients of mine, which gives movements internationally.

(mara 0958792)
ok, that's interesting to know. Thanks. Just out of curiosity, can you explain a bit about movement of data of persons. I am assuming they track peoples' visits to other countries against their passports??? And also when you say you are doing a few for your clients? can u explain a bit about it please. I dont know much about it. thanks a lot.

·
Registered
9 Posts
ok, that's interesting to know. Thanks. Just out of curiosity, can you explain a bit about movement of data of persons. I am assuming they track peoples' visits to other countries against their passports??? And also when you say you are doing a few for your clients? can u explain a bit about it please. I dont know much about it. thanks a lot.
Hi Amanda

Arrivals and departures are contained within the Movements Reconstruction Database. These 'movement records' may include the traveller's name, date of birth, gender and relationship status, country of birth, departure and/or arrival date, travel document number and country, port code and flight/vessel details, visa subclass and expiry date, and the number of movements. The department also maintains non-electronic movement records information including: microfilm records of passenger cards from, ship manifests, and Alien's cards.

Information sharing
To support whole-of government initiatives, the department has various movement records information sharing arrangements in place.

I have business clients whom travel around the world very frequently, and cannot remember dates in relation to movements. Department request specific information and or dates I would perform the request a international movement of person.

(mara 0958792)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the reply. That's interesting to know. I guess when one applies for migration in OZ, immigration department automatically does a movement record for each candidate?

Did they have this system from long time back or after 9/11?
sorry if I am asking too many questions.... I find this topic very interesting.

Hi Amanda

Arrivals and departures are contained within the Movements Reconstruction Database. These 'movement records' may include the traveller's name, date of birth, gender and relationship status, country of birth, departure and/or arrival date, travel document number and country, port code and flight/vessel details, visa subclass and expiry date, and the number of movements. The department also maintains non-electronic movement records information including: microfilm records of passenger cards from, ship manifests, and Alien's cards.

Information sharing
To support whole-of government initiatives, the department has various movement records information sharing arrangements in place.

I have business clients whom travel around the world very frequently, and cannot remember dates in relation to movements. Department request specific information and or dates I would perform the request a international movement of person.

(mara 0958792)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hello Amanda

(mara 0958792)
Internation Movement of data of persons...I find that interesting that would mena they have the means to know where a peron has been travelling to and from and when wouldnt it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Internation Movement of data of persons...I find that interesting that would mena they have the means to know where a peron has been travelling to and from and when wouldnt it?
I am sure. But I think this is keeping track of people movement in and out of Australia. Basically who is coming in from where also who is going out of australia and where.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.