Australia Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I assessed my qualification in Feb'09 & after that I could not apply because i'm shortage of 5 points. My pass mark is 100 because i'm applying under subclass 176. My sister is my sponsor & she is currently staying in sydney.

AGE - 30
OCCUPATION - 50

I gt 15 points for ielts result and in February 2010 my work exp will be 3 yrs from where i can get additional 5 points. This is my plan to gain pass marks.

But my question is that, Can I apply right now with my age & occupation point because Pool mark is 80? If I can then, Can I add my work exp in February 2010 & claim for additional 5 points?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Well you can and what the web site says for applications placed in the pool is:
" If you do not achieve the pass mark, the pool mark is the minimum number of points you must score if your application is to be held in reserve. Your application may be held in reserve for up to two (2) years after it is assessed. If you are unable to reach the pass mark during this period, your application will be refused."

So from what you say of your plan, you will achieve the pool mark within the two year period.

However it may not do anything for you as the application processing priorities in place at the moment mean that a 176 visa application with relative sponsorship will not be considered until that situation is reviewed in accordance with the global and Australian economic circumstances.
Have a read of FAQ linked in the sticky thread #4 for details.

I have not fully read the fine print but it could be that your application would just not be accepted until things change and the department may even have a note to that effect that pops up on online applications, something you could ask of immigration on their pre lodgement email enquiry provision.

You would be better placed to have a look at state nomination requirements and see whether you can attain state nomination, there being extra points for that and your application would then be in the top three priorities.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I have a question here. I applied for my 175 visa in Feb 2010. I received the feedback from the case officer stating that i am short of pass mark and my application has been placed in pool in July 2010.

What should i do now? I know that my application will be in pool for the next 2 years from the date it has been placed in pool. I really don't know what should i be doing now.

Thank you very much for the help.

Regards,
Raj

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
There have been plenty of changes with the skilled visa regulations in the past 12 months, particularly with regard to priorities for processing and you ought to have a read of info on the Whats New page linked @ Skilled - Independent (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 175) as well as checking where you might be able to increase your points.
With that information, it would be best to check with Immi re how your application might now be considered if you can get extra points.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.