Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!
Just found this forum and hope I find the right person with the advice and information I need to help make our dreams come true.

Well id like to apply for the 189 skilled visa. I'm a mechanical maintenance engineer, ideally I'd like to apply via the Dublin accord route but have not a problem. My certificates don't appear on the UK engineering council website list.

I have 3 certificates in engineering, my 2 main ones are my Modern apprenticeship in Engineering Maintenance (Mechanical) and my SVQ Lv3 in Engineering Maintenance (Mechanical) and my lesser certificate is a NC (national certificate) in Electrical Engineering.
I have a combined experience In this career path of over 5 years with 2 different companies and I'm now 26 years old and from Scotland.

I was wondering what my options are to apply for the 189 visa knowing this information? Any advice or tips or help?

Is it possible becomming a certified EngTech with IMechE would be recognised by Australia and get me on the Dublin accord 189 visa route? If so how would I go about doing it?

Any help is much appreciated hope this attracts some attention!

Many Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer is not listed as a skilled occupation for migration to Australia. Mechanical Engineering Technician (which might be your best option) is listed and the assessing authority is TRA. This occupation and related skilled occupations are not on the list for 189 applications. Sponsorship/nomination is necessary and opportunities are limited.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there im not sure what you are saying. Myself and a friend did a lot of research and we came up with needing to apply with engineers Australia based on what we do which requires being under the Dublin accord? He is qualified in the same field as me but his certificate appears in the UK engineering council list which means he is recognised in Dublin accord. Only difference is his is English and mine is Scottish. Same qualification though. So I need to find out if I need to certify as a IMechE or something else? Mechanical engineer is what i want to apply as which is engineers Australia.

Cheers, Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.