Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firstly, I have been on a WHV for the past year. I am now on a Tourist Visa for 12 months (having to leave the country every 3 months whilst I try to sort out my next visa). However, the downside is that I cannot work, therefore trying to sort this out asap!!

Few Facts

19 years old.
My mum and step-dad are permanent residents. However, they are not my last remaining relatives (note: i do not talk or have contact with any other family members back in the UK).
I have been in a relationship for 11 months with an Australian citizen.
I have completed Year 13 back in the UK over a year ago.

I have come up with a few possibilities of visas but was not sure which one to go for. They are the Child Visa (onshore) 802, De-facto Visa or Student Visa.

With the Child Visa you have to be in full-time education. I have no problems with going back to study. But I am confused to whether or no I would have to pay international fees, or if this visa is even applicable?!

With the Student Visa, my only problem is the fees. My boyfriend is willing to pay the fees, but it will be a struggle.

With the Defacto Visa, I've heard it is a lot of hard work! I know that we would have to wait another 3 months until we have been living together for the full year.

I went to immigration up in Perth and they told me to leave the country and come back on a tourist visa (which i have done). Apply for a student visa, and until my boyfriend and I have done the 'time' then apply for defacto.

I'm confused on what to do!!

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
A partner visa may be about your best bet it would seem and if that means leaving again for another entry for you to get 12 months together, so be it and take your time in getting together all the appropriate information as no application is a guarantee.
Have a look at the sticky thread by el kitten for some ideas and make sure to read all the Immi info thoroughky including Booklet #1.
You also need to make sure you do not have a No Further Stay condition on your current visa for that would mean you would have to apply for a partner visa from offshore or see if there is another visa, an ETA for instance if eligible to return on without a NFS to apply onshore.
You also need to be aware that your use of a tourist visa or an ETA is for visiting and anything else you may decide on is incidental for you can be questioned by immigration and if they feel you may be using a visa for other than its intended purpose you can be refused entry.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.