Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My beautiful wife and I just got married on sat 24/2.
My question is what documents to add for the second stage application now that the wedding is over ?
Marriage cert of course
Anything else.....?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
You pretty much do the whole application that you did for the 300 again for the 820/801. Both of you fill out the application forms again, you need all the same required documents as before.

Except now you'll also add the marriage cert, need two new form 888s, and evidence of your relationship only needs to be from the 300 grant.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot for your reply

Seems crazy to have to do it all again..
I thought it would have been all linked through the last application and just to add a few documents now post wedding..

What about the 4 - ‘nature of the household’, ‘financial aspects’ etc...?

And the fees ? Surely don’t have to pay $7000 again ?

Sorry I’m super confused with this as I assumed it wouldn’t be this difficult after the wedding to go to the next stage.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Unfortunately the 300 is a separate application and so is the combined 820/801 so it has to be done all over again.

Updated evidence and statements in the four category areas is required since the grant of the 300. It's a short period so should be easy to gather.

When you create the app online (first stage 820/801), there will be a question asking if the applicant currently holds a subclass 300. When you tick that, it will reduce the fee at the end of the application from $7000 to $1170.

You're not alone. A lot of people think it's just a case of uploading the marriage certificate to the previous 300 application but unfortunately not. That case is finalised and closed and a new application for a new visa needs to be made.

The bonus is the medical will not need to be redone an very likely neither will police certificates.

·
Premium Member
6,608 Posts
I thought it would have been all linked through the last application and just to add a few documents now post wedding..
Doesn't quite work that way. It is a new application and the case officer won't go looking for existing documentation to help you out. You basically have to start from scratch and update all evidence previously provided, incl. personal statements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.