Australia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

My partner and I have recently applied for my partners 801 visa application and I have a question regarding potential incorrect information.

In the online 801 application for my partner, for the date our relationship began, we used the same date as we did in the 820 application form, which is our date we got into a relationship.

However we formally registered our De Facto relationship with the state government on another date.

Should we have used the date we registered our relationship with the state government instead of the date we got into the relationship?

Would I need address this with the online "incorrect answers form" for this? and just provide details why we used that date instead of the date we officially registered our relationship with the state goverment?

In both our statutory decs we do declare the date we registered our relationship with the state government and provided our certificate too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi All

My partner and I have recently applied for my partners 801 visa application and I have a question regarding potential incorrect information.

In the online 801 application for my partner, for the date our relationship began, we used the same date as we did in the 820 application form, which is our date we got into a relationship.

However we formally registered our De Facto relationship with the state government on another date.

Should we have used the date we registered our relationship with the state government instead of the date we got into the relationship?

Would I need address this with the online "incorrect answers form" for this? and just provide details why we used that date instead of the date we officially registered our relationship with the state goverment?

In both our statutory decs we do declare the date we registered our relationship with the state government and provided our certificate too.
It seems you worry about nothing. If the question is when your relationship started - you put a date when you got into the relationship, not registered it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It seems you worry about nothing. If the question is when your relationship started - you put a date when you got into the relationship, not registered it
Hi Kodra, Thanks for the reply!

It was for the Online 801 application In the "Relationship Status" section, where it says "Relationship status": where I selected "De Facto"
and then it says "Date Relationship started" and I put in the date our relationship started (which is the same date we used in the 820 application), not the date we registered it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Kodra, Thanks for the reply!

It was for the Online 801 application In the "Relationship Status" section, where it says "Relationship status": where I selected "De Facto"
and then it says "Date Relationship started" and I put in the date our relationship started (which is the same date we used in the 820 application), not the date we registered it.
You did the right thing, I would do the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts