Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A close family friend of mine is accused of domestic violence falsely by his wife. The husband is Australian citizen and the wife has not been granted the PR yet.I have witness that his wife was very controlling and wanted things done in her way only. My friend never abused or assaulted her. The wife left the house of my friend and went to domestic violence shelter on 31/7/17 after a month and a half the police came to my friend's house and said domestic violence accusations were made against him and he has to go to the police station for his statement. My friend went the next day with a lawyer and as advised by the lawyer he replied no comments to each of the questions asked. The allegations were outrageously stupid. She had stated in her statement that he abused her before one year. She did not have a precise date or anything for all the allegations she made. My friend was given an intervention order by the police that day and was allowed to leave the police station.
The matter went to the court and on two hearing date the police came with nothing to the court. On the third hearing date the came up with charges against my friend based on the girl's statement (who has no evidences and not even precise date of the allegation she is making)
The police is now saying they will drop the charges if my friend takes the basic intervention order i.e. he can contact her but not assault her(which never happened in the first place).
The lawyer says even if my friend goes to trial and nothing is proven against him then also he may end up with the intervention order.
The girl is definitely doing this for the pr as my friend was never abusive to her.
My question is if my friend accepts the basic intervention order would the immigration department take it as a confession of the accusation and grant the girl's PR(My friend has cancelled her sponsorship).
Also my friend is still receiving her mails from all other government agencies but the department of immigration.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.