Australia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My husband is on a permanent residency visa (subclass 100) that was granted immediately because of how long we were together overseas and that we have 2 children. I now want to separate from him but don't want to risk his visa being revoked as I want him to stay in the country and continue his life here with our children. Is there a possibility his visa could be revoked for any reason?

·
Registered
6,122 Posts
My husband is on a permanent residency visa (subclass 100) that was granted immediately because of how long we were together overseas and that we have 2 children. I now want to separate from him but don't want to risk his visa being revoked as I want him to stay in the country and continue his life here with our children. Is there a possibility his visa could be revoked for any reason?
I am pretty sure it is unlikely to he revoked, unless immigration fraud was committed.
Having two children together, would indicate that fraud would not even be considered.

Some applicants that separate before PR is granted, still get PR, even when children are not involved.

I doubt if you would have any issues in that respect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure it is unlikely to he revoked, unless immigration fraud was committed.
Having two children together, would indicate that fraud would not even be considered.

Some applicants that separate before PR is granted, still get PR, even when children are not involved.

I doubt if you would have any issues in that respect.
Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Kiki make sure you both have updated about changed circumstance, if there is any discrepancies, case officers normally send letters. If you need any support, we are here. or PM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Kiki make sure you both have updated about changed circumstance, if there is any discrepancies, case officers normally send letters. If you need any support, we are here. or PM.
That's not correct, once you are PR, you don't need to send any updates about changes of circumstances. After the PR stage is finalised, case officers are no longer involved. As a permanent resident, you are free to be in relationship with anyone else, and the immigration is no longer involved in your personal life

1 - 5 of 5 Posts