Australia Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon all,

I have been living in Australia with my wife for the last 8 years almost.
I am currently de facto on her 482 visa. I have checked with my company who is happy to lodge a PR for myself. I have been working for them for more than 3 years now.

An immigration agent told me that because I was not the primary holder of the 482 but the dependent, I would need to obtain a positive skills assessment in order to lodge the PR.

Is there a way, I could be exempt of this skills assessment which is additional costs and dependant of an English test grade of 7 (while the PR requirement is 6 only, and English is not my primary langage).

Thanks for your help
1 - 1 of 1 Posts