Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Wanderer and All,
I am planning to go to Brisbane end of next month. My PR Visa is on my old passport and I had used the same passport to enter Australia once. Now I have a new passport( same country- India). The visa label in my old passport is valid till Sep 2012. So, if I carry my old and new passport with me on my travel to Brisbane, will there be any difficulties in the immigration on my arrival?Now I am in a different country and I fear that I don't have enough time for getting stamped my visa to my new passport from India. I heard that, the immigration can change the label to new passport on arrival, is that applicable to all type of PR visas? My Visa is Class BN-subclass 136,issued on Sep 2007.What is your thoughts on this matter? please .

·
Registered
8 Posts
I cannot speak of Immigrations in Australia but I went thru a similar situation for USA.

It seems that this is a common situation. My old passport contains the US Business Visa. I carried my old and new passport and showed the same to the Immigration Officer. He did not raise any question pertaining to this.

BTW: Your new passport should contain a reference to your old passport, just confirm the last page of your new passport. With this reference in place the new and old passport get linked.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
I've heard of people taking their iold passport along with their new but end of next month is nearly two full months away so that ought to allow you to do something like contacting nearest Immi people and you could probably get a sticker in the new passport.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've heard of people taking their iold passport along with their new but end of next month is nearly two full months away so that ought to allow you to do something like contacting nearest Immi people and you could probably get a sticker in the new passport.
Thanks obelixous and wanderer,
Explorer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.