Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My partner and I are just starting to put our subclass 309 application together. We are currently living in the UK. I'm Aussie and he is English.

My partner doesn't go by his birth name, and instead uses his middle name as his first name (He goes by James instead of William James). Does anyone know if this will be an issue for Form 888's and other more personalised evidence (messages, email threads etc), where he is referred to as his middle name, and not his legal name which is on his passport and bank statements? Should I be advising friends and family to refer to him as his legal name in their Form 888?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hi all,

Does anyone know if this will be an issue for Form 888's and other more personalised evidence (messages, email threads etc), where he is referred to as his middle name, and not his legal name which is on his passport and bank statements? Should I be advising friends and family to refer to him as his legal name in their Form 888?

Thanks in advance!
My partner has a similar issue. I told all of my friends and family of her legal name, which is not the name that I and all of my friends and family in Oz know her as and they wrote their Form 888s using her legal name.;

I also included at the start of my relationship statement that she is known to me as "Sarah" and not her legal name of "Sheila". Our agent accepted that with no problem.

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
My partner has a similar issue. I told all of my friends and family of her legal name, which is not the name that I and all of my friends and family in Oz know her as and they wrote their Form 888s using her legal name.;

I also included at the start of my relationship statement that she is known to me as "Sarah" and not her legal name of "Sheila". Our agent accepted that with no problem.
I (the sponsor) did exactly the same. I use my middle name, but ensured that everything was in my passport name, to avoid confusion.

I did mention that fact on a few occasions to immigration.

On the form 888 my middle name was used, but with my full name in brackets after the first use.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.