Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm new to the forums. I have a terrifying question that I'm afraid to ask.
You see, I have been on a bridging visa for over 2 years, 3 in April, awaiting the results of my application for an 835 Last Remaining Relative Visa. I'm a single Canadian woman in my mid-late 20s and have no healthcare or work rights here.
I'm absolutely terrified and have no idea what to do.
I believe I may be pregnant. I'm too scared to even take the test.
I recently broke up with my ex-boyfriend, so I would be doing it alone, but as it stands I do not have any work rights or healthcare and I'm absolutely terrified and have no idea what I should do next.
I suppose the most logical thing to do would be to take a test but I'm terrified of what it will tell me. For the record, termination would not option as it's against my personal ethical beliefs.
In the event that it is positive, does anyone know what my options are?

Edit: For clarification I’m sponsored by my mother and stepfather. Not my ex-partners family.

Update: I tried getting in touch with an RMA and was told that someone would call me back, but they never did.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Hello, I'm new to the forums. I have a terrifying question that I'm afraid to ask.
You see, I have been on a bridging visa for over 2 years, 3 in April, awaiting the results of my application for an 835 Last Remaining Relative Visa. I'm a single Canadian woman in my mid-late 20s and have no healthcare or work rights here.
I'm absolutely terrified and have no idea what to do.
I believe I may be pregnant. I'm too scared to even take the test.
I recently broke up with my ex-boyfriend, so I would be doing it alone, but as it stands I do not have any work rights or healthcare and I'm absolutely terrified and have no idea what I should do next.
I suppose the most logical thing to do would be to take a test but I'm terrified of what it will tell me. For the record, termination would not option as it's against my personal ethical beliefs.
In the event that it is positive, does anyone know what my options are?
I think your best bet would be to contact an RMA. Though, that may cost some money and you stated you don't have an income at the moment as your current visa has no work rights. Personally, I would suggest finding out if you are in fact pregnant, contact an RMA and go from there.

Having a quick read at the eligibility for this visa I see the following points:

your (and your partner's) only near relatives live in Australia
an eligible near relative or their partner will sponsor you and all members of your family unit included as applicants in your application
you have someone who will provide an assurance of support
you and members of your family unit meet health and character requirements.
Does that mean your partner and or his family is sponsoring you? If the relationship has broken down, you would need to notify the department.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I am sponsored by my mother and stepfather.
My ex-partner is someone who I met here after I arrived.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Yes it is - immi don't care if you use your rights.

Many awaiting visa approvals are on Medicare interim cards and using Medicare now. It is very common.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.