Australia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi brain trust, a bit of a pickle and hard to find info on similar situation for what is best course of action.
Girl from overseas on 820, submitted application for 801 but is having issues with her de facto partner though still continuing with their relationship at the moment... They've been living apart for a while due to his inter-state work.
In the meantime, in comes another Aussie that she's been seeing on the side, fallen pregnant and she wants to keep the baby.

Things could obviously transition across to the new dude a lot easier if she was on the 801, but that's a waiting game and unlikely granted in the timeframe left of the pregnancy.
From what I've read the current 820 could be moved to a bridging visa with the new guy; but that resets the whole 820 process again with many years more waiting and quite limited parenting benefits given on that class of visa.

Maybe (doubt) she could convince de facto dude to see out the remainder till she gets her 801, but unknown how the pregnancy implicates him with her visa, as he wouldn't want it listed as being his kid. Could she even proceed with the 801 citing that the kid isn't his but they're going to continue being a couple?

Other option considered is to give up on the Australian endeavour and she flies back home overseas. Leaving new guy lumped with child support and left out of fatherhood unless he gives up everything in Australia to move over there with her and the kid.

Are there any other alternatives?

·
Registered
16 Posts
having a babe with another person might seem as significant event for the original relationship and it's supposed to inform DHA.

without disclosing it might be subjected to visa cancellation even ur 801 is granted if they dig out the fact. - fail to inform change circumstances

good luck

·
Registered
13 Posts
May I ask what country is your partner from as I have some experience that I could elaborate in your situation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts