Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
MY partner had a Xray while pregnant. They place a shield over you and the xray is only very quick. The amount of radiation is less than what a pregnant woman would get from walking past a microwave oven. Read and search on google and you will quickly come to your own opinion on having the xray.

https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sou...&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=chest+x+ray+while+pregnant

The only reason I could really find for not having an Xray is that you will have a child born in Australia, and will have Australian citizenship, if the father is Australian. IT is a tool you could use if you where indeed in Australia already and facing deportation.

Immigration will, like the previous poster said allow you to wait until after the birth of the child.

Take a look at all the information and make a decision from what you have learnt, then go to your doctor and ask them if it will be okay.

I suppose I will never know until my daughter is well into her 90's if having the X ray caused any damage to her. If she does not make 90, maybe there could be questions asked.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.