Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to create a customised master check-list for what my partner and I need to have ready to upload when we submit our application. I'm currently looking at how to name, annotate, and combine some of our files... any perspectives (especially from people that have already done their uploads) would be very much appreciated!

I have read advice about combining multiple bits of evidence into single files. This makes perfect sense to me in the case of, say, four photos from your wedding. But what about for 'evidence of joint travel', putting all of the photos, tickets, bookings, etc. from one trip in the same document? This will surely make it easier to understand all of that evidence since it puts it in context...

But I am concerned that if I go a bundle on bundling things, the upload headings in the online portal might not match, and I'll have to re-do it all to split things up again!
(Say, there's a specific heading for 'proof of being known to each other's families', but I've put a lot of the evidence we could use for that in the file on the joint trip we took to see my family, and I have to unbundle it. Not that those are necessarily the headings but do you see what I mean?) (Or can you repeat evidence so long as the two uploads aren't identical?)

Does anyone know what the actual headings in the online portal are?

The other reason to be concerned about this: I was wondering if I could include a Table of Contents or a Cover Letter that details what we have included for each point to be evidenced, and where to find it (e.g. the file name for each thing - perhaps number them?), just so that it is super easy to navigate. But if I have an organisation system that doesn't suit the online portal I'll have to re-do it all. Thoughts?

[On a similar note, I purchased the real example evidence pack from halftheclothes.com, and I noticed that they had used their personal statements AS their table of contents, sort of. Throughout it they had notes of page numbers in brackets where evidence for what they had just said could be found (this was a paper application, I suppose an online equivalent would list the file name). Has anyone else done something similar? This seems weird in a statutory declaration, but did add weight to what they were saying there as every important point could be directly backed up by a piece of evidence included in the application, and it was easy to put two and two together. Thoughts on that?]

Apologies for the ramble-y post, any advice much appreciated!

(I will be posting a detailed account of what I have done for this just as soon as I feel vaguely qualified to give advice...)

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi am preparing documents for PMV visa and i have the same question as you coz I am not yet in the upload page as we haven't paid and submit. But i did research on google on how the upload page look like, you might want to check it too so you have idea.

so far i did as below, but take note this is PMV - i made it simple. all arranged in chronological dates.

Airline Ticket and Hotel Accomodation Evidence

ANZ Joint Bank Account

Financial Aspect of Evidence - bank transfers to each other

Gifts Cards Letters Sent to Each Other

Conversation Logs

Joint Travel - i think you can put by trip

Photos Together

Photos with Family

Photos with Friends

Tourism Activities Together

personal statement - mine applicant is just using the boxes on webform and then my fiance will use a seperate document to be uploaded.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
Don't worry about the categories on the upload page. If you upload something, they have it.

Organize your evidence however you like but try and combine like evidences. So holidays can all go into one (flights, hotels, a few photos, etc) if you want or if it's too large, do each location as it's own pdf. Household bills can all go under one and bank statements in another, or all in one financial pdf.

One thing they don't want is you supplying anything more than once. So if a mortgage/lease can go under proof of living together and also financial, just pick one. It doesn't matter which one, just pick one.

So basically, organize it however you want but make sure you label the files on your computer clearly. Throw them in whatever category on the upload screen you think is appropriate but again, that part doesn't really matter. Some people do a table of contents, but I never bothered.

I just did the narrative boxes in the app as the statement and I just answered the questions. Didn't bother pointing them in the direction of anything as they'll find it. They do this for a living.

·
Registered
974 Posts
I am trying to create a customised master check-list for what my partner and I need to have ready to upload when we submit our application. I'm currently looking at how to name, annotate, and combine some of our files... any perspectives (especially from people that have already done their uploads) would be very much appreciated!

I have read advice about combining multiple bits of evidence into single files. This makes perfect sense to me in the case of, say, four photos from your wedding. But what about for 'evidence of joint travel', putting all of the photos, tickets, bookings, etc. from one trip in the same document? This will surely make it easier to understand all of that evidence since it puts it in context...

But I am concerned that if I go a bundle on bundling things, the upload headings in the online portal might not match, and I'll have to re-do it all to split things up again!
(Say, there's a specific heading for 'proof of being known to each other's families', but I've put a lot of the evidence we could use for that in the file on the joint trip we took to see my family, and I have to unbundle it. Not that those are necessarily the headings but do you see what I mean?) (Or can you repeat evidence so long as the two uploads aren't identical?)

Does anyone know what the actual headings in the online portal are?

The other reason to be concerned about this: I was wondering if I could include a Table of Contents or a Cover Letter that details what we have included for each point to be evidenced, and where to find it (e.g. the file name for each thing - perhaps number them?), just so that it is super easy to navigate. But if I have an organisation system that doesn't suit the online portal I'll have to re-do it all. Thoughts?

[On a similar note, I purchased the real example evidence pack from halftheclothes.com, and I noticed that they had used their personal statements AS their table of contents, sort of. Throughout it they had notes of page numbers in brackets where evidence for what they had just said could be found (this was a paper application, I suppose an online equivalent would list the file name). Has anyone else done something similar? This seems weird in a statutory declaration, but did add weight to what they were saying there as every important point could be directly backed up by a piece of evidence included in the application, and it was easy to put two and two together. Thoughts on that?]

Apologies for the ramble-y post, any advice much appreciated!

(I will be posting a detailed account of what I have done for this just as soon as I feel vaguely qualified to give advice...)
Like most people, you're overthinking this. A lot. Don't worry, it happened to me. I'm at work at the moment, but feel free to PM me and I'll see if I can help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
On a partner visa Facebook page I asked the same question and someone posted screenshots of all the different categories. I am now writing up a document with what evidence we have for the four categories and where to find it, I plan on putting this in the boxes for the four categories (with a reference to our stat decs for a description of the four aspects). Might be a bit much but I like to be thorough haha

·
Registered
183 Posts
On a partner visa Facebook page I asked the same question and someone posted screenshots of all the different categories. I am now writing up a document with what evidence we have for the four categories and where to find it, I plan on putting this in the boxes for the four categories (with a reference to our stat decs for a description of the four aspects). Might be a bit much but I like to be thorough haha
hi undefined what is the facebook page name i want to see too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.