Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
The date of my eligibility for my 801 visa is coming up. I read that the department of immigration will no longer notify us, but rather, that once the date rolls in, I should do the application myself.

Here's a couple of questions I would love some help with, as I don't want to mess things up:

- Once I start the application process through the Immigration website, do I have to upload all the paperwork immediately within the same session? Or do I have time once that happens to gather and put together the necessary paperwork? (If so, how long? We expect to do everything within the next couple of weeks, maybe less!)

- Should the documents be uploaded BEFORE the eligibility date, or on the eligibility date on the spot? Or can it be within the days after?

- What is a thorough list of documents I should submit for my 801 application? Will a list be generated by the application?

- Do both me and my partner need to get an AFP check, or just me as the applicant?

Thank you for your time! All information is very welcome!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
You already did the 801 application. That's why the application was called an 820/801 app. You are now just submitting proof the relationship has continued.

There's no point doing it before you reach the two year mark as they won't look at it early.

The process is here in Step 5. Do the permanent partner visa calculator thing (answer yes and yes) and it will give you the checklist.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You already did the 801 application. That's why the application was called an 820/801 app. You are now just submitting proof the relationship has continued.

There's no point doing it before you reach the two year mark as they won't look at it early.

The process is here in Step 5. Do the permanent partner visa calculator thing (answer yes and yes) and it will give you the checklist.
Thank you very much! I was very worried that, because the 2 year mark is coming up in a couple of days, I had misunderstood the instructions and should have submitted it already. We will begin to put together the paperwork and submit it all as soon as possible!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And just to double check, if I applied for my 820 on May 4th, 2016, do I need to have sent ALL the new documents by May 4th 2018, or is there leeway within the next couple of days, for example?

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
There's no requirement to submit exactly on your eligibility day, but with some recent quick grants, it's in your best interest to get the stuff in as close to that date as possible.

Then again, some 801s don't get looked at for a year or more so plenty of time lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you again!
Everything looks like it will go smoothly. I already placed the request for my AFP, and if it's anywhere as quick as my last one, it will arrive within a couple of days from the day when I become eligible. I've gathered the rest of the information. All I need is to get those stat declarations and the form 888s from my partner's family and friends ready and signed and I'll have everything.

One question, though (sorry, I just don't want to mess this up), but where *do* I send the docs? When I log into my immi account, the only thing I have is a Stage 1 application, with the status finalised/granted.

There doesn't seem to be any option available yet for submitting the new docs/proof. Does that option become enabled once the date rolls in?

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Thank you again!
Everything looks like it will go smoothly. I already placed the request for my AFP, and if it's anywhere as quick as my last one, it will arrive within a couple of days from the day when I become eligible. I've gathered the rest of the information. All I need is to get those stat declarations and the form 888s from my partner's family and friends ready and signed and I'll have everything.

One question, though (sorry, I just don't want to mess this up), but where *do* I send the docs? When I log into my immi account, the only thing I have is a Stage 1 application, with the status finalised/granted.

There doesn't seem to be any option available yet for submitting the new docs/proof. Does that option become enabled once the date rolls in?

Thank you for your time!
Create a new app in immi and you'll see an option for Stage 2. Fill out the form and you'll get the upload section. Sponsor doesn't need to do an online form this time around, just a stat dec form which can be found in that link.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One last question (and, I just want to say: thank you *so* much for helping me with my doubts so far! I'm trying to do my best with this, but it certainly isn't helping with my anxiety lol)

If I start the application, do I have to do the process in a single session, or can I start it and start uploading documents over the course of a few days?

My start-of-eligibility date is tomorrow. I'm waiting on my AFP check (it should arrive next monday), and we're getting our stat decs certified at the police station this weekend, but in the extremely unlikely event that someone checks my status *exactly* as the date rolls in, I would like there to be *something* there, such as proof of ongoing relationship, photos, etc, but I don't know if I should wait until I have everything in hand.

So, can I get started and then do it over the next couple of days as I gather things, or should I wait until next week when I got everything?

Again, thank you so very much! I'm sure these are very simple questions, but I definitely want to stay with my partner and I'm very scared to get anything wrong, so every answer has really helped a lot to help!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Doing it over a few days should be fine. Not likely anyone will look at it the day you submit.

Or wait until next week and do it all at once.

Whatever makes you feel better. Personally, I would just do it all in one go as it's easier to stay organized that way for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.