Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Anyone have any idea how much past visas are looked into when applying for a de facto?
Two years ago I was in Australia on a work holiday visa and violated it just a little bit by working at a place for over 6 months. The work holiday visa only allows the visa holder to work for one company up to a 6 month period.
There have seemingly never been any repercussions for doing this. I've never heard or seen anything that would indicate that anyone had noticed I had overworked on my visa.
I'm currently in Australia on a long term visitor visa which was easy enough to get.
Just nervous to pay up for the de facto and then have this hinder my application.
Thanks if you can help!

· Registered
3,342 Posts
It looks as if the Department are not aware of your breach of the 6 months work condition. If they had been then it is possible that they would not have granted your current visa. I would suggest that you keep you mouth shut about this and apply for the Partner Visa.

Regards

· Registered
1,074 Posts
I know more thorough checks are done and that's it's possible they will see what you did if you need to complete form 80.

But I'm not sure id lie given working over 6 months for an employer on a WHV can't be grounds for refusing your partner visa anyway....

Perhaps speak to a MARA agent to get their opinion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.