Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I moved here to sunny Perth 4 1/2 years ago from the UK. My 22 yr old son already has PR but currently lives in UK with his girlfriend who has a 7yr old daughter. They want to live here permanently and are looking at 300 visa as they are planning on getting married. Does anyone know if school fees are payable for her daughter to attend public school here? I have tried ringing the ed. dept but they dont return my calls and as far as I can see by looking on the website this visa is not noted as one where fees are payable.
I would really appreciate any advice. I used an agent when I came over here to help with the process and it was easy but forums like this were invaluable :) My son does not have the funds available to do that plus I believe its a pretty straight forward application?
Cheers Muminoz

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Muminoz,

Children on a subclass 300 visa may or may not be viewed as international (therefore, full fee-paying) students.

If the staff at the WA education department do not want to return your calls, your best bet is to visit their offices in person and speak to someone who actually knows the answer to your question.

At last check, it was only ACT, NSW, and SA that charged children of parents on PMV who were also applying for a Partner Visa, but this may have changed overnight if a new policy has been introduced.

This is too expensive a question to not be answered direct from the 'horse's mouth'!

Good luck, and do let us know what the final answer of the department is.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.