Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have had a few over the years, many trying to get info without posting a thread.

Others after some clarification on a post.

Some just wanting a chat during the wait to calm the nerves.

But I got one today, that gave watery eyes but made me feel good too.

I have edited part of a sentence to give anonymity (I hope), and thanks for the kind words.

Hey mate, your comment on the PMV help/info thread... about not being the best person to give advice, well I wanted to whole heartily thank you for all your advice and time in the beginning when I came to this forum lost and needing help with my husband and his PMV.

If it wasn't for your guidance we would not have made it, we successfully switched our PMV to a 309 and it will be granted xxx xxx xxx . Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Massive hugs, and don't ever doubt the advice you give people.

I do miss you on the forum,

and was happy to help.

·
Registered
332 Posts
You have helped many. I know, I for one hold your opinion in high regard.

Reactions: cchelios

·
Registered
19 Posts
i've been reading every PMV post i can find to try help my situation and in every comment box i've seen your name, it's really nice to see someone helping everyone.
you have also helped me get a idea where to start and provided me with great information and tips.
So thanks from my heart for that cause i would be lost in this moment.
I'd buy you a beer if i could
<3

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Beers welcome - doing your own you always feel lost. The key is to keep it non emotional in the application prep, and just try follow the requirements.

PMV's are pretty easy but don't be complaisant - always do the home work.

There luckily are many posters, moderators and RMA's that do much effort on this site that helps many others with info and that is great to see.

The DIBP & Chicken 999 played a big part in why I got involved in trying to help others on this site.

Andy Dufresne would be proud Chicken999.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Chicken999's story is a story that everyone should read before lodging their application.

They did get their happily ever after.
It should be made into a move, that was a long rough road they had to travel - most would have given up long before the eventual grant.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
It should be made into a move, that was a long rough road they had to travel - most would have given up long before the eventual grant.
Alot would have given up and not have spent the money they did. The immigration process either makes or breaks the couple. Mr Chicken999 will be eligible for citizenship next year.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was just thinking while doing the dishes about his citizenship status now. Are you in contact or just good memory?

Sir Seretse Khama and Lady Ruth Kharma had a movie made about their troubled start of their relationship.

He went on to become Botswana's first president, but the story started at his schooling in England where he meet Ruth from England.

South Africa under apartheid at the time and with help of other countries including England did their best to keep the 2 apart - eventually they got to live in Botswana together, but it was a long hard stealthy fight.

Their son also became a president (think still is) and Lady Khama passed away while I was living there, she was much loved by the country she adopted as her own.

·
Premium Member
9,033 Posts
Awww, how sweet! Always so nice when people reach out to tell you how much you've helped them. I'm sad I can't be around as much these days, but the Aussie/American dual citizen I brought into the world is 4 mo. old now and pretty darned demanding of my time. I'm so glad you're still hanging around to help, ampk. You and Mish both! So many invaluable people (laypeople and RMAs both) hanging around here trying to help others. It's lovely and it's what makes this forum the great resource it is.

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
I was just thinking while doing the dishes about his citizenship status now. Are you in contact or just good memory?

Sir Seretse Khama and Lady Ruth Kharma had a movie made about their troubled start of their relationship.

He went on to become Botswana's first president, but the story started at his schooling in England where he meet Ruth from England.

South Africa under apartheid at the time and with help of other countries including England did their best to keep the 2 apart - eventually they got to live in Botswana together, but it was a long hard stealthy fight.

Their son also became a president (think still is) and Lady Khama passed away while I was living there, she was much loved by the country she adopted as her own.
Both.

I remember seeing that at the movies - they tricked him in to returning to the UK.

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Was it called " A time of innocence" ?

I had a chat with Ian when he was VP at a Patrons Dinner, he holds a presence, a strong one - my wife could not even get a word out not even a dumella (hello).

·
Premium Member
11,215 Posts
Was it called " A time of innocence" ?

I had a chat with Ian when he was VP at a Patrons Dinner, he holds a presence, a strong one - my wife could not even get a word out not even a dumella (hello).
It was called "A United Kingdom"

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Well I have had a few over the years, many trying to get info without posting a thread.

Others after some clarification on a post.

Some just wanting a chat during the wait to calm the nerves.

But I got one today, that gave watery eyes but made me feel good too.

I have edited part of a sentence to give anonymity (I hope), and thanks for the kind words.

Hey mate, your comment on the PMV help/info thread... about not being the best person to give advice, well I wanted to whole heartily thank you for all your advice and time in the beginning when I came to this forum lost and needing help with my husband and his PMV.

If it wasn't for your guidance we would not have made it, we successfully switched our PMV to a 309 and it will be granted xxx xxx xxx . Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Massive hugs, and don't ever doubt the advice you give people.

I do miss you on the forum,

and was happy to help.
#Legend.

You're one of the best.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Beers welcome - doing your own you always feel lost. The key is to keep it non emotional in the application prep, and just try follow the requirements.

PMV's are pretty easy but don't be complaisant - always do the home work.

There luckily are many posters, moderators and RMA's that do much effort on this site that helps many others with info and that is great to see.

The DIBP & Chicken 999 played a big part in why I got involved in trying to help others on this site.

Andy Dufresne would be proud.
I am grateful for all contributors! (and yes, most definitely you!)

Only wish I have is that posts were easier to search. I come here daily at present to check on others, learn more information, help out, and see if there are more steps we could have or should take in our process.

Thank you again :eek:

·
Registered
7,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I am grateful for all contributors! (and yes, most definitely you!)

Only wish I have is that posts were easier to search. I come here daily at present to check on others, learn more information, help out, and see if there are more steps we could have or should take in our process.

Thank you again :eek:
Yes that search function is not my friend either.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.