Australia Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I've been on a 457 visa with my employer for 3 years in March. I was due to apply for my PR visa in June just gone, after a meeting with my employer they told me that they would be unable to do the PR VISA as my contract is only for 12 months. I have worked in the same position for the 3 years, it might help to note that I work in Community Services, most jobs in this area in WA are contract work specific to funding. When i was offered the job on 457 the job was stated as 12 months with yearly tendering for the role.

I'm confused how I would get a 4 year working visa with this job, and now that my contract is rolling i won't ever fill the '2 year' perm residence criteria. Is there anything that I can do? I'm so upset. My company have went through huge management structures and have brought in a lawyer who is now handling any visas... and being very to the law with the visa wording.

If I was to apply for the PR visa with a 12 month contract and if I write a letter detailing that I have been in th position for 3 years and that each year the contract is likely renewed would this be accepted? I don't know what else to do, the lawyer is australian and is not very diplomatic or empathetic in managing this. To her she thinks she's just doing her job, not realising the huge strain it is on me and my future here in Australia.

I would be so grateful for any advice. I best note that I have been to see a visa agent who basically said if my employers not willing to do it that I'm pretty much stuffed. $300 down the drain with no helpful advice!

Thank you xx

· Premium Member
6,622 Posts
The contract must state clearly that the position will be available for 2 years from the date your permanent visa is granted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.